Like Tree8Likes

Hong Kong & Singapore Sevens - Postponed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy
    This will severely hurt a lot of bars and resteraunts whose takings are already substantially down due to corona, and now have 10 months rent to pay before the big 7's payoff. If it happens at all.

Very tough trading environment out there.
    This goes for the retail and eatery sector in general. Business wasn't great to begin with due to the government mishandling of the protests, now the outbreak may be the nail in the coffin. Interesting what the landlords who charge exorbitant rents in the city will do now. They generally didn't care if tenants can't afford the rent as they know another new one will take their place pretty soon, especially if it is a prime spot with plenty of foot traffic. But now, are they still so confident?
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by meinhkhk
    likely to be re-scheduled in October
    I wonder whose idea was that. October is pretty much the worst month to visit Hong Kong. Most expensive hotels (if you can find one) since it's THE major exhibition month with HK Electronics and the Canton Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy
    This will severely hurt a lot of bars and resteraunts whose takings are already substantially down due to corona, and now have 10 months rent to pay before the big 7's payoff. If it happens at all.

Very tough trading environment out there.
    Since me and my buddies stopped drinking around 2015, LKF has gone down by quite a bit.

Looks like all the Chinese places will have a tough time this year. Guess the exodus of foreigners should finally start?

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    I wonder whose idea was that. October is pretty much the worst month to visit Hong Kong. Most expensive hotels (if you can find one) since it's THE major exhibition month with HK Electronics and the Canton Fair.
    They are some pretty savvy business people. Helping each other out. Government and Business go hand in hand. Tourists and regular people? Who cares!

Sonar Hong Kong also postponed.
    https://sonarhongkong.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2