Like Tree66Likes

Where to escape to for a couple of months?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by foxwendal
    Korea's well known to be amongst the fastest internet connections in the world, so certainly a bizarre concern. But the spike of 50+ cases in the last couple days on the other hand ..
    Yes when I saw the numbers I immediately thought of this thread. Singapore, Korea and Japan are starting to look risky in terms of possible flight restrictions.
    HK_Katherine and Morrison like this.

Now a death in South Korea, I think you need to keep your plans open Katherine.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    Now a death in South Korea, I think you need to keep your plans open Katherine.
    Yes, Busan (very close to this other city) is sadly looking less attractive. Lucky I did not book it for march, I just had a loose plan for April.....

So far Thailand doesn't have quarantines established yet against people traveling from HK right? PR, living in HK, didn't travel to China in a year or so...Considering a trip there until things blow over a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj
    Well, I've been in plenty of hotels with unreliable internet already in say, Manila or Ho Chi Minh. Since I'm gonna need a remote desktop and calls, I'd rather have a decent stable connection.
    You're comparing 2 developing countries to a developed one. Even monks in temples on the side of a mountain and grannies in the countryside have faster internet and better service than HK!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    Yes, Busan (very close to this other city) is sadly looking less attractive. Lucky I did not book it for march, I just had a loose plan for April.....
    Yup my escape plan for Busan also looking bad....

So far Thailand doesn't have quarantines established yet against people traveling from HK right? PR, living in HK, didn't travel to China in a year or so...Considering a trip there until things blow over a bit.
    There are no restrictions travelling from HK to BKK.
    timonoj likes this.

Yes, no problem. Can fly Emirates business class for the price if a coach ticket 2 months ago. No questions whatsoever at the airport, just temperature check while walking by. Just flew over on Monday.

Great. At this moment I have too many miles and too little future trips...I guess I can make some use of those.

biffski likes this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8