Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By kimwy66
  • 2 Post By hullexile

Flying to Italy in June

Reply
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    20

    Flying to Italy in June

    Hi,

    I am looking for some opinions. "What would you do in my situation?" type answers I am supposed to be flying to Rome for two weeks in middle of June. Will be staying in Rome and Venice. Flying with Air China with a layover in Beijing. Booked the tickets already.

    Considering not only the situation in China but also in Italy now, I am wondering if I should cancel the trip, wait it out and see how things go, am I worrying too soon etc. I am worried that even if I end up getting to Italy, they will ask me to quarantine for 14 days.. Should I not get my hopes up about the virus being gone by then and everything being back to normal?

    Thanks


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wrong side of the door to hell
    Posts
    5,958

    Worrying too soon. If things are still bad, then you may get the chance to rebook without fees (not sure on Air China policy)

    Start worrying in May, hopefully things will have improved by then, although it won't be over.

    HK_Katherine, shri and huja like this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    21,332
    Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    Worrying too soon. If things are still bad, then you may get the chance to rebook without fees (not sure on Air China policy)

    Start worrying in May, hopefully things will have improved by then, although it won't be over.
    +1
    HK_Katherine and junichitsuyo like this.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    10,157

    I also have atrip to Italy booked for June. BA is offering free rebooking but only for tripa from now until March. So better to wait and see what is offered. And get travel insurance!


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wrong side of the door to hell
    Posts
    5,958
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    I also have atrip to Italy booked for June. BA is offering free rebooking but only for tripa from now until March. So better to wait and see what is offered. And get travel insurance!
    I've just booked a flight to France for end of March (might be a bit dodgy) and end of June. Lufthansa has some good prices on offer. If quarantine restrictions make either not viable so be it, I can re-book for later.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    20

    Thanks, appreciate your input!


  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    422

    My trip to Italy is end of April, flying with Cathay via London to Milan. Most likely I am canceling the Italian part and will find another European country to go to if the flights to London are still ok....

    I would suggest to wait a little longer and see how the situation is in a month or so. Also see if the airlines would allow you to rebook or cancel without penalties. They should announce sometime in April/May.

    Last edited by junichitsuyo; 02-03-2020 at 03:45 PM.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    Worrying too soon. If things are still bad, then you may get the chance to rebook without fees (not sure on Air China policy)

    Start worrying in May, hopefully things will have improved by then, although it won't be over.
    This. The decision will likely be made for you.