Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By kimwy66
  • 2 Post By hullexile

Flying to Italy in June

Closed Thread

Flying to Italy in June

Hi,

I am looking for some opinions. "What would you do in my situation?" type answers I am supposed to be flying to Rome for two weeks in middle of June. Will be staying in Rome and Venice. Flying with Air China with a layover in Beijing. Booked the tickets already.

Considering not only the situation in China but also in Italy now, I am wondering if I should cancel the trip, wait it out and see how things go, am I worrying too soon etc. I am worried that even if I end up getting to Italy, they will ask me to quarantine for 14 days.. Should I not get my hopes up about the virus being gone by then and everything being back to normal?

Thanks

Worrying too soon. If things are still bad, then you may get the chance to rebook without fees (not sure on Air China policy)

Start worrying in May, hopefully things will have improved by then, although it won't be over.

HK_Katherine, shri and huja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Worrying too soon. If things are still bad, then you may get the chance to rebook without fees (not sure on Air China policy)

Start worrying in May, hopefully things will have improved by then, although it won't be over.
    +1
    HK_Katherine and junichitsuyo like this.

I also have atrip to Italy booked for June. BA is offering free rebooking but only for tripa from now until March. So better to wait and see what is offered. And get travel insurance!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I also have atrip to Italy booked for June. BA is offering free rebooking but only for tripa from now until March. So better to wait and see what is offered. And get travel insurance!
    I've just booked a flight to France for end of March (might be a bit dodgy) and end of June. Lufthansa has some good prices on offer. If quarantine restrictions make either not viable so be it, I can re-book for later.

Thanks, appreciate your input!

My trip to Italy is end of April, flying with Cathay via London to Milan. Most likely I am canceling the Italian part and will find another European country to go to if the flights to London are still ok....

I would suggest to wait a little longer and see how the situation is in a month or so. Also see if the airlines would allow you to rebook or cancel without penalties. They should announce sometime in April/May.

Last edited by junichitsuyo; 02-03-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:

This. The decision will likely be made for you.