Like Tree11Likes

Bridge to Macau

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bridge to Macau

Is travel to Macau via the bridge, by bus, still open as normal? No restrictions due to Virus?

Is it ok to pop over for the weekend?

Just got an email from my consulate saying all foreigners going to Macau need to get paperwork certifying they have not been to mainland, Korea, Italy in the past two weeks.
    It says hk residents need to go to immigration dept and get from them a paper copy of exit/entry into HK.

It clearly states that if you only have passport+self declaration you'll be denied entry.

Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    Just got an email from my consulate saying all foreigners going to Macau need to get paperwork certifying they have not been to mainland, Korea, Italy in the past two weeks.
    It says hk residents need to go to immigration dept and get from them a paper copy of exit/entry into HK.

It clearly states that if you only have passport+self declaration you'll be denied entry.
    That is not mentioned in any Macau government website. Did the email come with a link?
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:

This would only tell them if you've left and come back to HK, unless you crossed at Shenzen. Other than that HK IMM doesn't know where you've been beyond your passport stamps.
    chuckster007 and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    This would only tell them if you've left and come back to HK, unless you crossed at Shenzen. Other than that HK IMM doesn't know where you've been beyond your passport stamps.
    What you write may be reasonable, but you should address your scepticism to my consulate not me

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    That is not mentioned in any Macau government website. Did the email come with a link?
    https://conshongkong.esteri.it/conso...misure-di.html
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Weird, can't find anything like that on any Macau government site. All the press releases only talk about mandatory quarantine for travelers from Italy, Iran and South Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Weird, can't find anything like that on any Macau government site. All the press releases only talk about mandatory quarantine for travelers from Italy, Iran and South Korea.
    I thought that maybe this limitation might be just for Italian passport holders, but the text actually says "regardless of nationality".

Well, good luck with that. I wonder how someone with a European passport can prove he/she hasn't been to Italy, unless you've managed to avoid all travel.
    Coolboy and alexdown like this.

I went last week, travelled via car, had to complete written declaration (just like SARS) and hand in at border when showing ID. Whilst visiting site in Macau (same day) had to complete an online declaration to gain entry to site.

Pauljoecoe likes this.

I have UK passport. Last 2 travels were Philippines at CNY and UK at Christmas,

I’ve searched the web, HK immigration and Macau and cannot see anything that says there would be an issue.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast