Like Tree16Likes

Cabin fever - mindfulness retreat in HK?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Don’t understand why you can’t go out for more than 2 hours a week. Hong Kong is still pretty much open and there are plenty of places to walk.

You say not hiking, but a little walk into a country park is pretty easy and plenty of beaches are very easily accessible from public transport.

mused, markranson and Coolboy like this.

I don't go out for more than a couple hours a week because I don't need to. My grocery store is within a 2 min walk from my house and I go there whenever I want to buy something. I work from home otherwise. We rarely eat out, mostly once a week only. I kept this up for almost 2 months now. In order for me to keep doing it I need a reset for my mental health. Telling me to just suck it up is not helpful so if that is your only advice please keep it to yourself.

Thanks for the suggestion for Heritage Hotel, I'll check it out. I did not want to go to public beaches or parks because there may or may not be a crowd there, and I don't want just a daytrip. I am looking for a weekend escape where I can stay in a beach house, cabin in the woods, etc and have a change of environment and still be away from other people. It was easy to rent a beach house, lake house, etc for a weekend when we were in the US but I can't find much in HK. Camping I guess will be a last resort but I want something with more comfort.

Zimash likes this.

bsh

I am going snorkelling as soon as the Easter hols start.

I don't care how cold the water is I've gotta get in!

Even local dive trips may be suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by bsh
    I am going snorkelling as soon as the Easter hols start.

I don't care how cold the water is I've gotta get in!

Even local dive trips may be suspended.
    Snorkeling where?

bsh

Come! Join me! But stay 6 feet away.

Hoi Ha Wan.

Get to Sai Kung. Get a minibus to the village. Walk 500 yards, you're in the water. There is a store nearby where you can rent gear/kayaks but depends if the guy will open.

Zimash likes this.

Thanks for posting the question and well done for defending against the negative comments.

There’s some nice AirBnb’s on Lantau and Lamma for 800 to 1100. a night. But not too many beachfront. A couple of farms. A few at Pui O. I’d stay away from the under 700. ones.

Quote Originally Posted by markranson
    Suck it up and get on with it. Exercise some self-discipline. Millions of people around the world are doing so in far more draconian conditions than Hong Kong. Anyone who had holidays planned, gym memberships and the ability to work from home is in a privileged position. Think of the poor HK people who have to live in tiny, rat infested, sub-divided shitholes.
    This x1,000,000.

You can do you part to save mankind by literally sitting on your ass. And yet some people are fucking this up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2