Like Tree34Likes

The future of air travel?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The future of air travel?

Air Asia has published new guidelines for local Thai flights, beginning soon. This may be what to expect generally throughout the air travel world during the next year, or more.

Our highest priority in returning to service is the health and wellbeing of our guests and staff, with strict hygiene controls in place, against the spread of COVID-19. For the sake of our passengers and personnel, we are implementing additional measures and regulations to ensure their safety when traveling with us”
    Among the additional measures are:
    1. Guests will be distanced with alternate seating and appropriate controls right from booking. The airline will sell a limited number of seats on every flight in accordance with social distancing measures. Social distancing will also be enforced on the shuttle bus as well as in the service counters.
    2. Guests will be required to wear their own face masks throughout their journey including during check-in and baggage claim.
    3. Strictly no consumption of food and beverage onboard. AirAsia’s meals service will be temporarily discontinued.
    4. Guests are to be screened in accordance with airport regulations, including body temperature scan during boarding. Passengers with a body temperature above 37.3 Celsius or exhibiting symptoms including sneezing or coughing will be denied travel.
    5. Only one piece of personal bag such as a laptop bag or a ladies’ handbag or a small bag weighing no more than 5 kilograms will be permitted as carry-on baggage. The size must not exceed the dimension of 40cm (H) x 30cm (W) X 10 cm(D) and fit under the seat in front of the passenger. For other additional baggage within allowed 7 kilograms will be checked in with no additional cost. This is to facilitate social distancing especially during embarkation and disembarkation.
    6. Guests are recommended to perform self-check-in via the AirAsia mobile app or kiosks to reduce personal contact .
    In addition, the cabin crew and other involved operational staff performing duties on the flight will be checked for body temperature every time before and after the duty, including wearing protective equipment such as masks, goggles and gloves throughout the service.
    AirAsia will disinfect its airplanes, shuttle buses, service counters and check-in kiosks on a daily basis. All AirAsia aircraft are fitted with hospital-grade HEPA Filters that protect against 99.999% of particles and airborne contaminants such as viruses and bacteria

Coolboy, hullexile, Gatts and 2 others like this.

It's going to suck.

Stu79 likes this.

Yay, no food. That's gonna suck on long haul flights.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Yay, no food. That's gonna suck on long haul flights.
    I don't think you can run long haul flights with no food, anything up to 5/6 hours will be OK but some people just can't go 8 hours plus without some kind of food.

Drinks are another matter, is it even safe to fly without letting passengers have access to water?

Most of local Thai flight are within 1.5 hours, so I guess it is all right. Clearly I can't imagine such rules for long flight. But for sure in the near term, flying is not going to be an enjoyable thing

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    I don't think you can run long haul flights with no food, anything up to 5/6 hours will be OK but some people just can't go 8 hours plus without some kind of food.

Drinks are another matter, is it even safe to fly without letting passengers have access to water?
    Yeah I can't imagine there being nothing to eat for a typical 12-16 hour flight between Asia and North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:

Access to water? I have two children under 5! I can 100% say it is not safe for us to fly longer than 3 hours without alcohol for me AND everyone sitting around us!

Ideally air travel security should radically change much like it did post terrorism events such as 9/11 or the Lockerbie bombing.

Travellers should be tested for the virus at the point of origin much like you’re asked to take your shoes and belts off before passing through the scanners. Only then should people be allowed to fly.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRandomer:
    Ideally air travel security should radically change much like it did post terrorism events such as 9/11 or the Lockerbie bombing.

Travellers should be tested for the virus at the point of origin much like you’re asked to take your shoes and belts off before passing through the scanners. Only then should people be allowed to fly.
    How long do you think it takes to take and get reliable results for a test? You want people to get to an airport 3 days before flying?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast