Like Tree10Likes

Can non-residents of either HK or Macau who are in HK travel to Macau now?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Can non-residents of either HK or Macau who are in HK travel to Macau now?

Can people who meet these criteria travel to Macau? I can't seem to confirm if it's possible.
    1) A person who is not a resident of Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, China.
    2) The person is and has been in Hong Kong in the past two months.
    3) The person has not travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past two months.
    4) The person doesn't have any special pass or visa in Hong Kong or Macau.
    5) The person is on visitor pass in Hong Kong.

I don't think even HK residents can travel to Macau at the moment without 14 day quarantine

shri and imparanoic like this.

I just called the immigration department of Macau and they told me that all nationals except Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China are banned from entering Macau regardless of where they're coming from. Exemption is Hong Kong PRs.

angeluscomplex and Mary 2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mou-ming:
    I just called the immigration department of Macau and they told me that all nationals except Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China are banned from entering Macau regardless of where they're coming from. Exemption is Hong Kong PRs.
    hi thank you for the information. So does that mean, if you are holding passport that is NOT from these three places, you won't be able to enter. Even though you are on a work visa in HK, have HKID card (not permanent though), have not traveled anywhere but only staying in HK for the past 3 months?

are the ferries and buses running yet?

Quote Originally Posted by yorihisa19:
    hi thank you for the information. So does that mean, if you are holding passport that is NOT from these three places, you won't be able to enter. Even though you are on a work visa in HK, have HKID card (not permanent though), have not traveled anywhere but only staying in HK for the past 3 months?
    From what the Macau immigration officer said (and I asked many times rephrasing each time to confirm), no, you won't be able to enter. Only people who have passports of HK, TW, CN and have not been to any other countries within the last 14 days can enter. Only exception is HK PR (I don't know about other two countries). And even then need to be quarantined for 14 days in Macau. One person in the comments mentioned that a dependant of a HK PR can also enter Macau but I can't confirm that. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    are the ferries and buses running yet?
    Buses seem to be operating but ferries still closed I think

How can buses run if you need to quarantine either side? Seems odd that there could be enough passangers to warrant the resumption.

Totally empty white elephant bridge would be embarrassing...

If you use the Macau Health Code app from the Macau Government and add your HKID and tick that you have resided in HK, it will generate a red QR code with the message "Entry Denied"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast