Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shri

Holiday HK - 2020 July Staycations and other Local 'Things to do'

Holiday HK - 2020 July Staycations and other Local 'Things to do'

bump bump

enjoyed a staycation last year at the Kerry Hotel - the surrounding area though was a bit meh if you wanted to eat outside the hotel.

What other hotels would people suggest that are at the Kerry Hotel level? Interest to us would be the pool and gym and niceness of the room. Less interested in the F&B

and what deals might be out there?

(Split this out ... because ... )

Hello, Hong Kong! Welcome to the brand new one-stop platform by the Hong Kong Tourism Board for exploring and enjoying the city, because you don’t have to go far to get away. Especially when there’s no place like home. It’s time to rediscover the wonderful world that’s right in front of you: the people, the places, the times, the spaces. Get insight into untapped treasures and offers on everything from the top attractions to delicious food and drinks, shopping and so much more. Follow our themed itineraries — because there’s no need to get lost to find something new — and create the perfect holiday at home come rain or shine. Let’s go explore what’s outside our front door.

While enjoying enticing cuisine, a multitude of shopping experiences and having fun around town, remember to maintain social distance, wear surgical masks when taking public transport or in crowded places, and wash your hands frequently to keep germs at bay.
    https://holidayhk.com/en-hk/

Vaughn.T likes this.

a good time to be very careful about which hotel group you frequent and who owns them....

OT: the HK Holiday advertising on the escalator is frankly nauseating given the current climate, will be happy when it starts falling down or getting graffiti'd

Shangri-la has a good promotion starting at 1k now.

I find some of these "deals" laughable, $1500+/night and coupons for dining at the hotel. Just make the lodging cost more enticing than the taxi ride home. If we're staying out somewhere we want to explore a little more of the area not just stay inside a hotel the entire time.

Some hotels on HK Island are offering decent rates at 4-5* places and giving you 24hrs stay though....

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    I find some of these "deals" laughable, $1500+/night and coupons for dining at the hotel. Just make the lodging cost more enticing than the taxi ride home. If we're staying out somewhere we want to explore a little more of the area not just stay inside a hotel the entire time.

Some hotels on HK Island are offering decent rates at 4-5* places and giving you 24hrs stay though....

Do you have a site for these 4/5* hotels?

is the 24 hours stay basically extending your check out till 2/3pm?

Quote Originally Posted by chichow:
    Do you have a site for these 4/5* hotels?

is the 24 hours stay basically extending your check out till 2/3pm?

I've forgotten which one(s) they were exactly now as we scrapped our plans now that pools are shut and basically staying home again.

I think it was the Ovolo? or another one nearby. Sorry can't quite recall the details of the 24hrs stay but I believe it was a full 24hr stay from check-in time...

I poked through some of them. So Lanson Place said you can specify your checkin and checkout time so you can get a full 24 hours.

just as one example