Like Tree34Likes

Cathay Pacific: What do you miss....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cathay Pacific: What do you miss....

Totally random to see this from Cathay...

I mean I miss being able to take a flight to any f'ing place ... not to mention, the real problem - I miss not being able to use my Asia miles!

https://twitter.com/cathaypac...52468943290369

TaD_LaLa and Cash Trader like this.

I miss having to spend twice as much on tickets than on other airlines.

If we are talking about air travel in general, I kinda miss it. Having a great meal in the air while watching a movie is kinda great. Or just lying down to sleep and arriving half way around the world, pretty amazing when you think about it.

AliT, TaD_LaLa, Coolboy and 3 others like this.

Oh man, this topic hits a thread with me as a frequent business traveler. I miss:
    - Optimizing the process of getting from the door of my apartment to the door of my hotel room to do it in the most efficient manner possible
    - Complimentary dan dan noodles and won ton mi at the CX Noodle Bar
    - Stealing a hard copy of The Economist from the CX lounge magazine rack
    - Catching up on movies and reading during the flight
    - The pleasant surprise of getting an upgrade (in my Delta Diamond days it was 100% of the time... with CX Diamond it's around 25%)
    - The first sip of beer or champagne on the return flight, knowing that most of my work week is now behind me
    - Sharing my old school business traveler acronyms with my junior colleagues... VBIT (Vacation Bound Infrequent Traveler) being my favorite

TaD_LaLa, shri, irisboards and 1 others like this.

altitude-adjusted lachrymosity syndrome

irisboards and angeluscomplex like this.

I miss...
    Cathay Delight.

Beanieskis and mrgoodkat like this.

The burger: it's supposedly a snack, but tastes better than any other dish served onboard

I miss when the mention of CX only elicited thoughts of destinations, fares and flight schedules rather than . . . .

https://geoexpat.com/forum/418/thread353895.html

aw451 and shri like this.

i miss being able to go somewhere with wide open spaces and just getting away from work...without the expectation of 'since you're at home anyways, please can you just check X'.

Similarly, I WANT flights with no wifi...I DONT want to be connected 24-7!

MABinPengChau and z754103 like this.

I miss being able to visit family in the US, miss nothing about flying because I am cheap and fly economy so always a crapshoot whether I get a row with no seatmates so I can stretch out and sleep on my 15-16 hour flight...

And not being able to go to the US is not Cathay's fault, gotta wait for the number to go down before heading to that coronavirus-infested destination...

Cash Trader likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    I miss being able to visit family in the US, miss nothing about flying because I am cheap and fly economy so always a crapshoot whether I get a row with no seatmates so I can stretch out and sleep on my 15-16 hour flight...

And not being able to go to the US is not Cathay's fault, gotta wait for the number to go down before heading to that coronavirus-infested destination...
    2023?
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast