Like Tree85Likes

Covid-19: Testing in the US - For travel to HK

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Welcome to China.
    Don't obey to CCP speech please...

Original Post Deleted
    I just bought the hotel food service and they bring me their own delivery choices 3x a day, but I know others are having food delivered off Foodpanda or UberEats etc. according to their own whims whenever they want. I haven't ordered any additional delivery yet because they have kept me quite full...but there are definitely people on my floor quarantining with delivery bags from other places that the hotel doesn't order from outside their door, who are maybe eating this exclusively. If you have family/friends/a domestic helper they can also bring food and stuff (but you can't give them anything.)

I don't know if I'm mixed in with people not quarantining on this floor, but certainly most of the rooms near me are quarantining people (based on the trays set out for us and garbage placed outside the room.) I've heard in some hotels if you continue your stay after they will move your room.
    Last edited by prospectiveHKer; 02-09-2020 at 09:37 PM.
    chichow likes this.

I finally landed at the quarantine hotel without any events. I would like to thank you this discussion forum. Without it, I don't think I would have been able to come back. I did my test at ArcPoint Lab in DC. They prepared the necessary documents very well and the test results came back within 48 hours (actually much earlier). The hotel I'm staying is L'hotel, which was one of the first quarantine hotels. They know how to manage the quarantine procedures well. The room is spacious, and they put all cleaning stuff, water, and new sheets before I came. They also carried the bags up to my room, which was very helpful.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jylee0515:
    I finally landed at the quarantine hotel without any events. I would like to thank you this discussion forum. Without it, I don't think I would have been able to come back. I did my test at ArcPoint Lab in DC. They prepared the necessary documents very well and the test results came back within 48 hours (actually much earlier). The hotel I'm staying is L'hotel, which was one of the first quarantine hotels. They know how to manage the quarantine procedures well. The room is spacious, and they put all cleaning stuff, water, and new sheets before I came. They also carried the bags up to my room, which was very helpful.
    Congrats and welcome! I'm glad ArcPoint worked out. I know others had a better experience with the DC one than the one I used.

Is the L'Hotel the one in Aberdeen? I considered it but seemed like maybe a tradeoff between space and delivery options...

ArcPoint in DC was well aware of the paperwork. Thank you for sharing the information about the lab earlier!

Yes, L'Hotel in Aberdeen. So far, the delivery options have been fine. I used UberEats. The hotel also had an option of meal + room but I selected room only. So far so good.

Is the L'Hotel the one in Aberdeen? I considered it but seemed like maybe a tradeoff between space and delivery options...
    The food options at L Hotel are horrible... It caters mostly to mid tier mainland tourists and even at the best of times we avoided it. (Office is 5 mins away).

Ovolo is far better...

Yes, L'Hotel in Aberdeen. So far, the delivery options have been fine. I used UberEats. The hotel also had an option of meal + room but I selected room only. So far so good.
    The Beef and Liberty, pizza express, pirata group, and Southsode pizza options are probably the best for you at L'Hotel. They are in 5 mins walki g distance and should have quick delivery times.

Thanks a lot! I read that the food option of L'hotel's quarantine package is bad. That's why I chose the room only option. I will try out those restaurants! I considered Ovolo as well but it was over my budget. It did look nicer.

Yeah a lot of praise for Ovolo in the quarantine group but those people must be rich! (richer than me at least)

And I kind of regret getting a food package here but I also think I would have wound up spending way too much on delivery on tempting things near Central...

jylee0515 and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jylee0515:
    ArcPoint in DC was well aware of the paperwork. Thank you for sharing the information about the lab earlier!

Very glad I found this thread, how much was the arcpoint test if i may ask? how far ahead did you have to schedule the appointment?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast