Like Tree14Likes

Cathay Offering Free Marco Polo Green Tier Membership...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    If you get the Cathay Amex card you get green membership for free for example..
    But only for the first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    But only for the first year.
    Well, its only an enrollment fee, not a yearly fee. So you are right, but also wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    board before them -.
    A punishment in my opinion. I always try to be last on. Why do people want to be on first when your'e gonna be stuck in that seat for the next 12 hours.
    alexdown, MABinPengChau and mysti like this.

I never heard the announcement for Greeners to cut the queue...but I am in no rush as well, once economy was oversold (on ANA in Japan) and, as I was last to board they shipped me off to business class...no points, just no more economy space- this has happened to me a surprising number of times (around 4 times).

The only time you need to be first in the queue is Southwest Airlines (USA) because it's open seating and you don't want the dreaded middle seat. As long as my seat is reserved, I am happily the last on the plane- I don't abuse carry-on rules so I don't need to be first and take up two overhead bins with my shopping...

alexdown likes this.

Oh such excitement! Cathay has renewed my Green status and maintained whatever sorry benefits I may have earned.

Now, I had calculated that I had enough points to pay for my cats (charged as extra baggage) and then the entire computer network was down from 2:30 when I arrived until 6:30 PM when we departed (they couldn't properly scan the boarding passes they had to phone them in somewhere where they ticked off the seating chart). As a result, had to pay cash (1600 HKD). So, once again, I have yet to actually receive any kind of benefit from being GREEN...

You might get new luggage tags.....

KEM.UK and MABinPengChau like this.

Seems not many fans of CX...me neither. On that note, has their service improved since they don't have many passengers now? Flew with SQ recently and I couldn't fault them on anything

For all my complaining, they DID get the flight out on time despite apparently the whole airport computer network being down (not sure if it was an Internet connection down or what was the issue). Sure, it took me two entire hours to check in but we did go grab some food and they called us when ready- just super stressful because I had the cats and was afraid that the flight would get cancelled due to the computer issues.

Flight arrived early, seemed to be a brand-new plane (hey, why not? They are flying maybe one flight a day to TW, give us the nice plane at least) service was fast (fewer than 100 people altogether, biggest group I have flown with so far in the pandemic of three flights I have taken- they had cancelled MANY flights that week so this was the flight you needed to be on).

Plane is very clean, I picked the back of the plane and NO ONE nearby, which is what I wanted. Meal (low calorie option) was hot, fresh, pretty tasty for airline low cal meal.

Worked with me regarding the new IATA water bottle rules in pet carriers (didn't reject the cats for having the wrong bottle, rigged up an extra water dish in case they ran out of water).

Pretty satisfied but would have been nice to be able to use my pitiful miles/points to pay the extra luggage surcharge- but at that point I would have traded in my class ring (my most prized possession) to get the cats on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by KEM.UK:
    Seems not many fans of CX...me neither. On that note, has their service improved since they don't have many passengers now?
    LOL, love your enthusiasm.

To be fair, CX service is pretty good, just not twice as good as the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by bsh:
    You might get new luggage tags.....
    Already got my luggage tags, too embarrassed to admit I am a lowly Greenie so I don't put them on the luggage. My luggage, looks like something a homeless person would use so you already know I am a low status person. No one tries to steal my suitcase or bothers to check what is inside...