Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Elegiaque
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By jobin

what sites to find staycation accom in HK?

Closed Thread

what sites to find staycation accom in HK?

I want to take a few days off and stay on an outlying island or sai kung. The problem is I'm really struggling to find somewhere to stay. Airbnb has lots of listings for cheung chau but I'd rather stay somewhere a bit quieter with more nature. Looking around sai kung there doesn't seem to be many hotels or airbnbs at all. Same for places like lamma island.

Discover HK has been promoting this site - never researched this and have no clue if their offers or range of hotels is good or not:

https://www.holidayhk.com/en-hk/staycation/

I think there's a FB home swap group.

Where are you located? Do you take care of cats?

Jillypots likes this.

There's a place in Sai Kung called the Beach Room.

"The Beach Room" - Sai Kung Beachside Staycation on offer, with your own garden and access to beach, 10 mins to the hiking trails and Country Park.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeywonkey:
    Looking around sai kung there doesn't seem to be many hotels or airbnbs at all. Same for places like lamma island.
    https://www.thepierhotel.com.hk/
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    There's a place in Sai Kung called the Beach Room.

"The Beach Room" - Sai Kung Beachside Staycation on offer, with your own garden and access to beach, 10 mins to the hiking trails and Country Park.
    When I google the beach room it points to the pier?

Seems 'The Pier' resides in Pak Sha Wan. Yes, in Sai Kung district and a 20 min walk to Sai Kung town proper, but Pak Sha Wan ain't much, IMO. But way better than Sha Tin.

Skyhook likes this.

You can try websites like Klook, they have regular sales on hotels

Use my Klook invite code: VL9TR

Or timeout.com for recommendations

The Cove Hostel in Tong Fuk in South Lantau, Mui Wo has a number of different hotels too

I'm about to cancel my booking for The Cove, as I've had no reply from multiple attempts to confirm which of their numerous properties I'm booked into. This is after reading quite a few less than positive reviews. Noted that the place is clearly very good value, if you get a room in the building in all the pictures.

If anyone has any input on this it would be appreciated.