Like Tree4Likes

UK travel

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK travel

Does anyone know whether the 10 days self-isolation is 10 CLEAR days so excluding the day of arrival and you can only leave the accommodation after the 10th day? Thanks!

14 days

Govt site I have been looking at says 10 days... has there been another change and the page hasn't been updated?

Quote Originally Posted by angeluscomplex:
    14 days

The government website is pretty clear about the day if arrival not counting for the 10 days

The quarantine period is continuous from the day you arrive in England and lasts for the next 10 full consecutive days after the day you arrived up until 11:59pm day 10. For the purposes of counting days, the day after arrival is considered ‘day 1’. This period is necessary because it can take up to 10 days for COVID-19 symptoms to appear.
    KEM.UK likes this.

As I understand it you can test and release after 5 days, assuming that you are negative of course.

Thanks . I missed that

Reality on the ground is that no one does this.

Personally I would have zero issues on my conscience from ignoring it entirely... we are clearly on the Amber list because HK still has the UK on the A2 list.

dossier likes this.

But I hear they do do random checks - phone and in-person visits...plus the people working in the hotel or neighbours in the building / street would notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Reality on the ground is that no one does this.

Personally I would have zero issues on my conscience from ignoring it entirely... we are clearly on the Amber list because HK still has the UK on the A2 list.

Track and trace in the UK is much more effective compared with a year ago but not as well policed as HK home quarantine was. I have just returned to UK and just finished quarantine. I got a personal call at least once a day for 10 days, and an actual visit to the house once (around 9am). Messages to my email address as well. The consequences could be fines up to £2000 but I have no idea about enforcement. The testing company was cheaper (£98) for days 2 and 8 tests but totally dropped the ball and never responded to my submitted tests. I have asked for, and they've now agreed in writing to refund me.

dossier likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LEON108:
    Track and trace in the UK is much more effective compared with a year ago but not as well policed as HK home quarantine was. I have just returned to UK and just finished quarantine. I got a personal call at least once a day for 10 days, and an actual visit to the house once (around 9am). Messages to my email address as well. The consequences could be fines up to £2000 but I have no idea about enforcement. The testing company was cheaper (£98) for days 2 and 8 tests but totally dropped the ball and never responded to my submitted tests. I have asked for, and they've now agreed in writing to refund me.
    Thanks. Who came to do the house visit?

And what was the point of the phone calls?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast