• 4 Post By ndt
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By Crankshaft
  • 2 Post By Crankshaft

Nam Shan Campsite

Closed Thread

Nam Shan Campsite

Hi,

Anyone know if this site is open or does the gov still consider camping madness in a virus free city?

Thanks

No first hand knowledge .. but get the info from them, if you can get through.

https://tel.directory.gov.hk/0261000176_ENG.html

Crankshaft likes this.

Im desperately itching for camping, called LCSD last week and as expected, not yet open... I thought its enough, screw it!! im going mid next month and staying somewhere in nearby non-designated area, if weather gods permit..

Cornmeal, shri, Crankshaft and 1 others like this.

Plenty camping regularly at Chek Keng but it’s looking a little sorry for itself, grass less etc. Still easy enough to get to though

Thanks for the replies.

Confirmed sites are still closed. Makes perfect sense for HK while beaches are allowed to be packed. Dunno what I expected... Silly me.

JAherbert likes this.

Camp on the beach, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Thanks for the replies.

Confirmed sites are still closed. Makes perfect sense for HK while beaches are allowed to be packed. Dunno what I expected... Silly me.
    You realize officially closed campsites prevents no one from camping, don't you? Camping is more popular than ever.

Can't speak of official sites, but plenty of other good places to pitch tents and some remote sites I doubt anyone would linger around to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    You realize officially closed campsites prevents no one from camping, don't you? Camping is more popular than ever.

Can't speak of official sites, but plenty of other good places to pitch tents and some remote sites I doubt anyone would linger around to check.
    Oh yea I realize that, because we ended up just camping in a small sealed off official camp site anyway, far from the road. Had other non-official sites as back up as well.

My frustration is just aimed at the continuous lack of common sense with anything in this place.
    kittykaitak and MrSapSap like this.

Agreed. Crazy that LCSD campsites are not open, but few decisions make sense.

I'd say that Nam Shan is a bit close to the road for easy access of checking, but we happily climbed under the ominous warning signs and tucked ourselves away at the back of Kau Ling Chung the last time we were out and there are quite a few sites that are even more isolated than that one.

I'm wondering if the fine for wild camping in a park is less than the fine for camping in a closed campsite.