Travel to Portugal - Covid Vaccines

Travel to Portugal - Covid Vaccines

Hi all. I'm flying into Portugal (Lisbon) this week. The advice is that fully vaccinated people don't need to take a Covid test before arrival, assuming that they have the EU Digital Covid Certificate or were vaccinated in a list of other countries including Albania, Andorra, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Israel, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Morocco, Monaco, North Macedonia, Norway, Panama, San Marino, Turkey, United Kingdom, Ukraine, The Vatican. Hong Kong sadly not on the list.

I was vaccinated in Hong Kong, with the Pfizer BionTech vaccine.

My reading of this is that I would not be allowed entry on my vaccine alone... Has anyone managed to land in Portugal with a Hong Kong administered vaccine? Hong Kong has a reciprocal relationship with the UK, where I'll be flying from, on the offchance that helps.

Where does this advice come from and where do you enter Schengen area first, assuming it’s not a direct flight.

Thanks for reply. I found the info from https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ented-portugal.

Full text is below.

I'm flying direct from London, not HK.

1) Arriving to Portugal by Plane
    MAINLAND Portugal
    ALLOWED (Essential and non-essential travel)
    Countries of the European Union, Schengen Associated countries (Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland), Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, South Korea, United States of America, Jordan, Kuwait, New Zealand, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay and special administrative regions of Hong Kong and Macao

• RT-PCR Test (or similar NAAT test) - 72h before boarding, or
        Rapid Antigen Test - 48h before boarding, or
        a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate, or
        a valid Vaccination or recovery certificate issued by a third country, under reciprocal conditions: Albania, Andorra, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Israel, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Morocco, Monaco, North Macedonia, Norway, Panama, San Marino, Turkey, United Kingdom, Ukraine, The Vatican.
      • Children under 12 do not need to present test.
      • All passengers need to fill a Passenger Locator Card (individually) before departure to Portugal or on board at https://portugalcleanandsafe.pt/en/p...r-locator-card

Generally speaking, you only need a proof that is valid in your country AND which must fulfill certain criteria as to the data it contains.

I have read your second post, think people from countries that recognize EU covid pass, such as Ukraine, can come and EU recognizes their covid certificate, digital or whatever. From other countries or territories, those certificates must fulfill certain criteria,
    such as name, birth date, what kind of vaccination, when administered.
    I would say you are fine