Lai Chi Kok Red Mini Buses

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lai Chi Kok Red Mini Buses

I recently moved to Lai Chi Kok into Banyan Garden and would love any peopel living in the area to give me an heads up on the Red Mini Buses that come to and from this area.

I can find bus and green minibuses but there don't seem to be any red mini bus routes on the net...so if any onne got any links of info on these...share and I will be grateful

Thanks!!

Good luck in finding it! I'm at the development next door and only seems to be green minibuses over here.

I've been searching for months.

The only one I know about is the Jordan Road red minibus, which, if you get on one will take you to Jordan Rd in Jordan via Mongkok. From Lai Chi Kok, frankly, you are better of taking the MTR for this route - bus gains you nothing and costs more!

What I don't know is if any of the red buses ply this route in reverse ... if they do it says Yuen Long on the front and goes via Sham Tseng, Gold Coast and Tuen Mun to Yuen Long, which is handy to know. But normally I get on them in jordan or mongkok and they only go when full and take the freeway - hence not sure!

Dont they have red minibuses stopping in front of tower 1, those should be heading to Tsuen Wan. If not then u should head over to Cheung Sha Wan Road/Castle Peak Road, there u should be able to catch red minibuses heading to Jordan.

I have been looking for a minibus that goes to and from Wanchai (my place of work) but no big deal really if there isn't any cos MTR prob be quicker considering the mass queues you expect for minibuses at rush hour

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I have wondered what it's like to be on one of those red minibuses which go through Western Harbour Tunnel. As a spectator, I think it looks rather scary when the drivers swerve across the lines and the buses end up on two wheels.

There is a red minibus that goes from Wan Chai to Tsuen Wan and another that goes from Tsuen Wan towards Lai Chi Kok. When I was on the red minibus from Wan Chai it took the freeway rather than going down into Lai Chi Kok - but it might have come off to drop off if you had asked. In fact, I recall somebody did get off somewhere before Tsuen Wan, pretty close to Lai Chi Kok probably. Go take it and see - starts from outside MTR exit A2 in Wan Chai - right under that overpass that connects the MTR to the exhibition centre. No idea about the opposite direction, you can probably ask on the bus (a more limited options if, like me, you cannot speak canto!)

How about late night transport...say if I was out till the early mornings in LKF, TST, Mongkok or in CWb...what modes of transport are the best in terms of quickest from these location (apart from taxis)?

Last edited by eddiew888; 06-01-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The other option is the night buses, but they are not always the "quickest".

Yes I know...I am ok with sticking with overnight bus for now, bus if there is a minibus then that would be better

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast