Like Tree4Likes

RT-PCR test for travel required

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RT-PCR test for travel required

I am planning my escape from HK for the next few weeks. And now realized that I will have to present a RT-PCR test in my destination country. I am quite worried if I can get a PCR test during the current pandemic situation in HK.

Does anyone know, if there are providers that offer PCR tests with short notice? I understand that they charge a big premium, but that's kind of expected.

Sanatorium

DanielFRA and aquaman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    Sanatorium
    Thanks. Will call them tomorrow morning. Hope they can get me a test for this week

Gleneagles also has a premium service.

As does the airport testing location if you don't mind going there the day before yih trvaelm.

The press is reporting that the demand in pcr tests is dropping as the govt is not sending out LHS OR CTN notices

Last edited by shri; 01-03-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Never mind things are still full in most places. Call Gleneagles and check.

DanielFRA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Never mind things are still full in most places. Call Gleneagles and check.
    Thanks, let me call them tomorrow: Geneagles, Sanatorium and found Canossa Hospital. I guess they must have at least some small quote reserved for commercial use. Still people need to be able to travel out. And nearly all countries require PCR test prior to boarding. Should also be a good profit margin for the lab.

I drove past Leighton Centre on Sunday and the queue didn't look very long. Perhaps give them a call and ask how long it's taking for outbound testing. They also have a location in Quarry Bay

https://communitytest.prenetics.com/

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

you can also book on the Govt site and state your passport details in the booking It costs HKD 240 My son did it today Has to be within 48 hrs of the flight depending on where you are going

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    you can also book on the Govt site and state your passport details in the booking It costs HKD 240 My son did it today Has to be within 48 hrs of the flight depending on where you are going
    Thanks. I didn't even think about the most obvious idea. Just looked and it's easy to find a free slot within the next 6-8 days in the nearest test center. And with a bit of searching was possible to find slots even for tomorrow in more distant locations.

Just hope that they can guarantee in the current time to deliver within 24-48 hours.

The community testing centres are obviously cheapest but I was wondering if I should avoid them since a postiive result is more likely they will want to lock you up.

Sanatorium and Canossa are booked out at least a week in advance. Any good options or last minute? Even Prenetics at the airport needs you to book online and their earliest slot is 9 March.

Are GPs able to administer the test in the same way they run any other diagnostic test and send the specimen off to the labs?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast