Like Tree32Likes

Purchasing a ticket with someone else's credit card.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Your vaccination status depends on the country you enter.
    Currently, within EU double jabbed is good for 270 days after your vaccination has been achieved. So it’s second vaccination plus 14 days, plus 270.
    After that you must have had a booster shot to still count as vaccinated.
    iGuess Singapore has similar regulations.
    Mine will be 210 days this month (excluding booster dose). Anyway, I emailed SQ again. Their website only mentions "fully vaccinated" but doesn't give a clear definition.

Hmmm... I've only ever been asked once. These are with booking via the airline website (Cathay, Dragonair, Qatar, Korean, UA, KLM, Delta, Japan, SQ etc.), online agents, my company booking the ticket for me (so not my own card). The only time I was asked was with Dragonair when I had booked for me and my parents.

Maybe its to do with the total amount if it triggers some fraud alert.

Original Post Deleted
    I was asked once. And flew perhaps every week. But I think as a frequent flyer they treated me differently. That one time just happened to be the time I did not have the right card on me and it was a rright pain in the neck. As I recall (it was years ago), I had to fill in a form with another credit card saying that if the payment failed, I would pay again with this new one.
    shri and Drunken Master like this.

I thought they asked to see the credit card for anyone dodgy looking. But then Katherine just said above she rarely gets asked, so that blows my theory and I have no clue what logic they use

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I thought they asked to see the credit card for anyone dodgy looking. But then Katherine just said above she rarely gets asked, so that blows my theory and I have no clue what logic they use
    DeletedUser got checked every time means he's well super DODGY LOOKING.
    My ugly THUG face never got checked, probably because I spoke nicely to the lovely ladies behind the counters
    bdw likes this.

I think most of you folks are talking about cases involving your own credit card(s); the topic is "someone else's". In the past, when I used my own, I've never ever been asked to present my cc [and the purchase took place either straight from the airlines' office or their website or via third party]. Using someone else's is entirely different.

My wife + kids flew a few times with tickets purchase by me remotely. They were never asked. Maybe they don't think mother travelling with kids would be using stolen cards. It was a risk under consideration but nothing happened. I personally flew more than 50 x HK/SGP return and don't remembered being asked to show my credit card as well.....

The last clarification on whether its your own card or other ppl card.. well, the check in person wouldn't know you are using own card or other people's card right.. so you are suggesting they will have a trigger in the system if the card name is different from the flyer name ?