Like Tree22Likes

Cathay Pacific Marco Polo - R.I.P.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Does that mean that my AsiaMiles will not be usable anymore??

I’m confused. Why have I just received an email from Marco Polo reminding me what I need to do to retain my Gold Status until the end of 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I’m confused. Why have I just received an email from Marco Polo reminding me what I need to do to retain my Gold Status until the end of 2023?
    I didn't get any message on any change from Marco Polo recently. Believe the subject of this thread is a bit theatralic. All good with our Marco Polo memberships.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Been in the works for a while .. everything is now "Cathay Member" - Marco Polo as a program name is in RIP mode.

FAQ - Take a look at the membership transitions.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ng-cathay.html

No matter how I look at this - it is all irrelevant to the Cathay customer, until they allow full flight redemptions - which have been quite difficult on most routes, in the best of times.

(Still have to figure out / call to see how easy it is to get British Airways redemptions)

Original Post Deleted
    You don't have to fly before the points expire. You only have to make a booking before the points expire. And secondly points accumulated on Asia Miles can be used on other One World airlines, but yes the booking is made via AM/MP/Cathay.
    Last edited by walkup; 01-06-2022 at 03:34 PM.
    shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    What the OP meant is not "throwing away". You're just using your miles before they expire for future travel. I can book tickets for xmas travel in Dec now and use miles which expire in October.

If you don't need to travel at all in the future.. its all irrelevant anyways.

I did see that its easy to book British Airways flights via Asia Miles - does not work via CX's website. Sorted out a bunch of tickets. SGP
    walkup likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

I did see that its easy to book British Airways flights via Asia Miles - does not work via CX's website. Sorted out a bunch of tickets. SGP
    How did you do that?

Original Post Deleted
    I just checked the merchandise pricing and it makes zero sense.

The option to pay min. points (2000) plus cash is on a sliding scale (from all cash + 2000 pts to all points + 0 cash).

BUT, i checked on 3-4 items, electronics, home appliances, etc. In each case, the ALL cash option (+2000pts) is the actual RETAIL price found on Fortress.

Hence, you are paying full crappy fortress retail price in cash and using 2000 pts to pay for S&H.

What a complete joke!

While quarantine restrictions are still in place I will continue to use Cathay/Marco Polo, but only to spend accumulated Airmiles on flights with other One World airlines. No need to blow points away on non-flight purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by walkup:
    While quarantine restrictions are still in place I will continue to use Cathay/Marco Polo, but only to spend accumulated Airmiles on flights with other One World airlines. No need to blow points away on non-flight purchases.
    Have you used points to fly out of HK on say BA or other one world? How did you book them?