Like Tree22Likes

Cathay Pacific Marco Polo - R.I.P.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    On the CX site (MP redeeming points part).
    Probably a status thing.. I don't get any flights out of Hong Kong using Asia Miles.

At a point where its just easier in life to go "bye bye cathay", it was good knowing you and switch to SQ.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 8.02.23 PM.png
Views: 283
Size:  48.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    You think CX is still going to be around by then?
    Yes. Those who think otherwise are free to clear their points and switch elsewhere.
    qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Directly on Finnair website yes?

I have to say Finnair are fantastic. The planes, the service, the comparative cost, Helsinki airport, the connection times both ways to/from LHR. 2x business class refunds due to Covid alterations.

Isn't the only current downside the inability to fly over Russia? I haven't checked but that must impact flight times?
    I’m also a big fan of Finn Air but I was looking at their website today intending to come back to HK for August.

What used to be a 12-14 hour flight is now 30+ hours. Overnight transfer or two transits. I think one date was Finn Air, a Japanese Airline as well as Cathay to get into HK.

As well as even more expensive.
    Last edited by shri; 08-06-2022 at 10:12 AM. Reason: fixed formatting

Quote Originally Posted by bsh:
    I’m also a big fan of Finn Air but I was looking at their website today intending to come back to HK for August.

What used to be a 12-14 hour flight is now 30+ hours. Overnight transfer or two transits. I think one date was Finn Air, a Japanese Airline as well as Cathay to get into HK.

As well as even more expensive.
    Finnair are great if you like meatballs.

I always think do I want to try reindeer but it’s never been an option.

Finnair Biz was great when i flew it around 5years ago.

i had reindeer in helsinki (there was this offer with finnair at the time to spend a few days in Helsinki and the flight was a bit cheaper) - it's very much like venison. Helsinki was great for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    Since the pandemic I have converted my miles to a Samsung Fold 2 and Fold 3. We are travelling to Malaysia this summer (fingers crossed) so the Malaysia air points should renew my status until 2023 it seems.
    Done the same have already converted it to Samsung Fold 3.

Been looking at the gadget $/mile rates and they are just horrible.

Going to have to drop them a line and see if they have any alternative to signing up for yet another credit card (SC Asia Miles..) which earns miles that will agian be of no use in the near or distant future...

Points that have to be blown I will fritter away on hotel nights rather than gadgets.

So this merge is supposed to happen in July 2022, yet there's been no word still from CX...