Like Tree31Likes

Lost Luggage - Air Tag / Tiles for Android Phone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Looks more like 14 quid an hour to me. No surprise to see bollocks in The Sun I guess

https://www.cv-library.co.uk/job/217...ing-a-back-log

Baggage Handler - sorting a back log!
    Posted 07/07/2022 by Page Personnel
    Salary/Rate:
    £14/hour
    Probably swissport gets charged 35 quid.
    Worker gets 14.
    Labour hire company gets 21, holding company in tax free region gets 21 and labour hire company makes a loss...

I have the Samsung Smarttags. They are fine for finding your keys in HK (did it once), but not so great for luggage. We put them inside suitcases for a trip last month
    Whilst we were waiting for the luggage to come out onto the conveyor belt, the app still thought they were back in HK. They only work if there is a decent density of Samsung phones, otherwise you need to wait until almost Bluetooth range. Apple's stalker tag seem better for this.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    @jgl let me know if you're willing to sell yours? Only need 2. Will use it for the dog after this trip.

I've already bought travel insurance.
    Note about putting an artag on a dog. We did on ours and the tag is paired with my wifes phone. She went to India and Vietnam on business and the airtag starts beeping every 8 hours (as its not close to paired phone) and my poor dog was going nuts. I ended up take the battery out of the airtag.

@Trance Omega - was it in lost mode? We've not heard any beeping with the air tags we have.

Not too sure if its related to the "Notify when left behind" setting in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @Trance Omega - was it in lost mode? We've not heard any beeping with the air tags we have.

Not too sure if its related to the "Notify when left behind" setting in your case.
    As it was paired to my wifes phone and she was in India I am not sure if there is a mode or anything to set. But I have heard that apple made an update recently as an anti stalker measure in case someone slipped one into your pocket and you wasnt aware and the person tracking you was out of range for a certain amount of time. I kept hearing the beeping several times before I figured out it was the dog.
    This was only last week so not sure if its a new update.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4