Like Tree31Likes

Lost Luggage - Air Tag / Tiles for Android Phone

Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,042

    Lost Luggage - Air Tag / Tiles for Android Phone

    With so many loosing luggage am thinking of getting a tracker.

    What is available locally and that works for an Android?

    TIA


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    15,551

    Samsung Smart Tag.

    Not sure if they work on non Samsung phones though.


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    7,748

    Seriously I wouldnt bother with such tags, I've never lost luggage and even If my luggage had a tracking device, If I knew where the bag was, would I be able to go retrieve it myself, NO CHANCE, tell airline where my bag is, they wouldnt do much apart from waiting on the airport staff to find it when they have time.

    Just keep all valuables on you, anything else shove in checked in luggage (very rare to loose it), even if lost by airline it will turn up eventully and delivered

    TheBrit, rani and jgl like this.

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Kowloon
    Posts
    159

    i would get a tag because then at least you would know where the luggage is. My wife just came back with CX and they have no idea where her luggage has gone (son, on the same flight, bag checked in at same time/same counter came through no problem). Could be stuck in London, may have been diverted to Sydney etc So at least with a tag you can direct the airline and tell them this is where it is. It may take a while but it's better than having no clue at all.

    Editor and scotland like this.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    159

    I always take a photo of my luggage, partly so I can remember how many bags I have. Stems from a time travelling with children, counting the bags off the boot of the bus. Got to 7, thought that was it and the 8th tootled into the distance. Got it back in time for the flight thankfully.


  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Samsung Smart Tag.

    Not sure if they work on non Samsung phones though.
    Thank you! Looked into it and it only works on Samsungs.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by PointingFinger:
    i would get a tag because then at least you would know where the luggage is. My wife just came back with CX and they have no idea where her luggage has gone (son, on the same flight, bag checked in at same time/same counter came through no problem). Could be stuck in London, may have been diverted to Sydney etc So at least with a tag you can direct the airline and tell them this is where it is. It may take a while but it's better than having no clue at all.
    Thank you! Flying into Heathrow and really don't want to start my holiday without my luggage. Plus have collected lots of little knick knacks for the kid who I haven't seen in 15 months.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    856

    Get delay insurance since high chance it will be delay. We did a trip to LA once where they didn't load our bag. We reached Friday and no delivery over weekend and only arrived on Monday. So we made full use of the weekend to go on shopping spree which the insurance fully covered

    Incidentally the delayed luggage contains knick knacks we brought over for our friends


  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    15,551
    Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Thank you! Flying into Heathrow and really don't want to start my holiday without my luggage. Plus have collected lots of little knick knacks for the kid who I haven't seen in 15 months.
    Can you find a small child and give them a mobile phone? Put said small child in luggage and tell them to call you every hour.
    Editor, shri, Rob2020 and 1 others like this.

Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast