Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By DonDiego
  • 3 Post By Paxbritannia
  • 1 Post By Paxbritannia
  • 1 Post By Crankshaft

Bangkok Golf Trip Advice/Tips

Bangkok Golf Trip Advice/Tips

Considering to go play there for a week. Any course recommendations, overall tips, things to consider? Never played there before.

This will form part of a longer holiday so trying to see if what's left of the budget will allow it.

Thanks

Golf festival is on in Hua Hin during August and September with reduced rates.
    https://www.huahintoday.com/local-ne...ber-30th-2022/

Black Mountain and Banyan are the standout courses. Seapines is by the ocean and pretty nice, Springfield, Majestic Creek and Palm Hills are OK too

The following site has an overview of the courses/deals and prices of courses around Thailand
    https://www.golfdd.com/greenfee/thailand/weekday

I particularly like the Lum Lukka course, it's usually good value and a nice course though a bit far. Thana City is also a nice course not too far from the airport. Check out midweek Sports day specials at various courses for good deals.

Khao Yai area also has great golfing deals and nice courses not too far from BKK but it could be less interesting, it doesn't have a lot to do after golf.

Crankshaft and arfleinad like this.

Le Meridien near Bangkok airport is adjacent to a nice course.

Crankshaft, arfleinad and NTCP88 like this.

I am interested to play Golf in Thailand myself. But I would like to travel without my Golf equipment. Do typical courses in Thailand also rent out an entire Golf club set with bag?

Quote Originally Posted by arfleinad:
    I am interested to play Golf in Thailand myself. But I would like to travel without my Golf equipment. Do typical courses in Thailand also rent out an entire Golf club set with bag?
    Yes.
    arfleinad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by arfleinad:
    I might do this as well as I'm planning to first go halfway across the world and only swing by Bangkok on the way back.
    arfleinad likes this.

Thanks. Do you know a rough ballpark number for a full bag of golf clubs (and maybe a caddie)?

I advice the Summit Windmill Golf Residence, 5-10min from the airport. It's right across Le Meridien. Windmill has much bigger rooms, cheaper, and they are part of the local golf club. They should be able to give you all their golf price packages...