Like Tree37Likes

Cathay pacific and asia miles integration

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by walkup:
    The only app issue for me to report is when making a redemption and immediately after identifying the route, one is prompted to select an airline from a list. Whichever airline chooses, that choice has no connection with actual flights then presented. Eg I was asked to choose between BA, Quantas but the actual flights available were Sri Lanka or JAL for BKK-LHR.
    I noticed this too, and it is very odd because in principle there should be only three options - CX, oneworld (+CX), and own partners + CX. Those are the three separate availability and pricing baskets they have for award inventory.

The US carriers have a horrible onboard product, but in an effort to distance themselves from irate customers as much as possible, they have developed realy powerful self-service options. On DL, if I'm on a flight that is about to land early, I can rebook myself onto an earlier connection at no cost in the app. At CX, SQ, JL, even on the mideast carriers, rebooking a flight with an infant ticket requires calling in even if it's half a year in advance. Pity really.

Quote Originally Posted by bsh:
    I got a tip from an AsiaMiles rep yesterday.

Until they finalise their new website , if you want to find redemption flights with specific One World airlines, you have to use the multi-city option when booking.

Ie if you want to see what Qatar has available (not a lot, if any), then plan your flight to go via Doha.

I haven’t tried this yet.
    I tried the multi-city option re Qatar as suggested but had no luck. I have 2 Asia Miles redemption bookings with Qatar, but their fuel surcharging makes me now less inclined to chase down their offerings in the future.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6