Like Tree55Likes

Getting back to HK experiences with COVID

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    From the HK government COVID website:
    "For Specified premises of Compulsory testing notice:
    Persons who have been tested positive in the past three months, including positive cases either by nucleic acid tests recorded by the DH or by RAT that have been self-declared to the DH, are no longer subject to further compulsory testing."

Completed application today to register my non local COVID germs. Was quite simple. Complete the following form: https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/pdf/...ordvpqr_EN.pdf
    Take form to one of 18 designated post offices (details found here: https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/pdf/...ccFAQs_ENG.pdf). You can also book online in advance: https://obs.hongkongpost.hk/vaccPass/app
    Bring along your
    HKID
    Vaccine record (can probably show from LHS app) Proof of positive covid and recovery letter (when completing the form, mark the day you tested positive for covid)
    Quarantine order you get when arriving to HK (they email you the link)
    Proof of travel (boarding passes) I don't know if this is necessary, but had it with me anyway

Post office staff verify information and then provide you with a QR code which you can upload information to your LHS app.
    Thanks for this. When you say they email you the QT order link do you mean after you enter HKID. Out of the many docs I needed before/during QT this is the only item on the list I didn’t keep a copy of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Ha ha, love the cynicism.

And you'll still be wearing your mask on the street to show your solidarity in 'fighting the pandemic'???
    Name:  old.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  47.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    How do you book 168? Is there an app or what’s the easiest way?
    Whatsapp..

https://www.facebook.com/a168hklimo/reviews
    cookie09 and pin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    Name:  old.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  47.4 KB
    It's not a cloud, it's a sheep - Baaaaahhh.

Quote Originally Posted by bsh:
    I’ve booked my ticket to come back To HK next month.

But I wondering if I should have the new combo Moderna vaccine before I leave. Would this affect my PCR result and make it positive for Covid? Especially if it’s done within 14 days of flying?

What do you reckon? Don’t risk it even if it’s touted as the best vaccine to have?
    FFS. NO of course it won't impact a PCR (other than making it less likely you catch covid and test positive!). FFS. Moderna is an RNA vaccine, there are NO VIRUSES IN IT.
    scotland likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Thanks for this. When you say they email you the QT order link do you mean after you enter HKID. Out of the many docs I needed before/during QT this is the only item on the list I didn’t keep a copy of.
    When you enter HK. They send you an email on the email address you provided with a link to download it. Not a "pre entry" requirement. Dunno how long it sits around for in the system - I downloaded and saved mine this morning. You need the number for the RAT test online registration.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    When you enter HK. They send you an email on the email address you provided with a link to download it. Not a "pre entry" requirement. Dunno how long it sits around for in the system - I downloaded and saved mine this morning. You need the number for the RAT test online registration.
    Is this now mandatory - when I arrived back a couple of weeks back we just filled in a piece of paper and handed it back to hotel at the end of prison (I did actually take a fresh photo of negative RATs every day until day 10

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    FFS. NO of course it won't impact a PCR (other than making it less likely you catch covid and test positive!). FFS. Moderna is an RNA vaccine, there are NO VIRUSES IN IT.
    Wow, you really are losing it HK Katherine. I used to have respect for you but you’re just a rude, self-righteous Karen now.
    TheBrit and Fatpigkenny like this.

Just got back from Malaysia. Airport experience was actually pretty good, I had been prepared for a sh*tfest but it was quick and efficient. We had to wait at one check point for a couple of minutes because our RAT tests hadn't been given the full 15 minutes or whatever. We were in our hotel within an hour of landing (Four points Sheraton). Hotel was fine, good view and reasonable food. We were told our check out slot for day 3 on day 2 lunchtime; we got met at the door at almost of the end of slot and was in a taxi home within 5 minutes.

Obviously it'd be great it it was changed to no/home quarantine, but I could see a 2 week trip to Europe as being do-able now.

shri, Fatpigkenny and vmlinuz like this.

I went a slightly different route...I returned to HK via the 'Recovery' option (i.e. RAT <24hours, recovery certificate shown upon arrival etc).

I noticed on my LHS that if I scroll to the bottom of the 'vaccine pass' section, there was now a 'yes' to the "previous infection of covid-19" section.

I then logged onto the eHealth app and in the 'covid 19' section next to the 'add my vaccine record' button, a recovery record/Qr code had appeared. I downloaded this.

Going back to my LHS, if you choose 'recovery record' in the vaccine pass section , you can then upload the QR code for the recovery record that was downloaded from the eHealth app and so I now have that in my LHS without needing to complete forms/go to the post office etc.

Hope that helps - took me a while to work out but at least it's all there now!

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    From the HK government COVID website:
    "For Specified premises of Compulsory testing notice:
    Persons who have been tested positive in the past three months, including positive cases either by nucleic acid tests recorded by the DH or by RAT that have been self-declared to the DH, are no longer subject to further compulsory testing."

Completed application today to register my non local COVID germs. Was quite simple. Complete the following form: https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/pdf/...ordvpqr_EN.pdf
    Take form to one of 18 designated post offices (details found here: https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/pdf/...ccFAQs_ENG.pdf). You can also book online in advance: https://obs.hongkongpost.hk/vaccPass/app
    Bring along your
    HKID
    Vaccine record (can probably show from LHS app) Proof of positive covid and recovery letter (when completing the form, mark the day you tested positive for covid)
    Quarantine order you get when arriving to HK (they email you the link)
    Proof of travel (boarding passes) I don't know if this is necessary, but had it with me anyway

Post office staff verify information and then provide you with a QR code which you can upload information to your LHS app.
    shri, ByeByeEngland and pin like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast