Like Tree55Likes

Getting back to HK experiences with COVID

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by arfleinad:
    Does anybody know how this is handled on the arrival procedure: You are waiting together with everyone from your flight for the test result at the airport. What happens if anyone from the flight tests positive? Can the others still go to Q-hotel? Just from looking at the numbers (~200 imported cases a day), that might answer it. But in case anybody knows for sure, that would be good.
    Anybody, please?

Thanks, arfleinad

Quote Originally Posted by arfleinad:
    Anybody, please?

Thanks, arfleinad
    I don’t think there’s a straight answer to this question I’m afraid. At some stage they used to treat the surrounding seats as close contacts and it was all off to a CIF. These days it seems if you are travelling with a family and not coming back by Covid recovery route (I.e. you have all arrived via 48 hour PCR) and one of you fails a RAT then you’re all off to a CIF/hospital depending on symptoms.

Assuming RAT is not failed you won’t know the result of PCR until you are at the QT hotel. If you pass you receive NO result for the arrival PCR. If you fail then if you are in QT together then all off to CIF/Hospital depending on CT score, symptoms and the whim of the particular DOH reviewing the result.

it seems to me now that if there is a positive on your flight and you pass the RAT then you go to the hotel and every PCR you take including arrival PCR is taken on its own merits.

I don’t guarantee these comments are 100 percent accurate but they are a strong indication.
    arfleinad likes this.

Just caught up with the FB QT group. Didn’t really change my views from the above but one more piece of stupidity. If you choose the taxi option it is a max or 2 or 3 passengers. Quite why anyone would want to speed up the journey at their own expense is another matter but I guess a couple of tired and irritable children in addition to one’s own stress of the situation may be a game changer.

so if you are a family of four arriving steel yourself for 2 taxis or an arbitrary wait for a bus which could be 10 minutes or 100 minutes

arfleinad likes this.

Literally just posted on FB

Advice from our experience – when traveling to HK – be prepared:- To be separated at the Airport – pack bags accordingly, with everything needed not to stay together – chargers, important documents, work items, clothes, toiletries..- For someone (or all) to be in quarantine / Isolation for at least 7 days – pack the snacks/ foods to make it through 7 days, cold weather items as hotels can be very cold. If traveling with kids ensure you have EVERYTHING they would need for min of 7 days isolation (diapers, etc)Back story – Family of 4 (Parents, two kids) traveling into HK- Husband was informed he was positive on rapid test at airport – and that his PCR was positive 2 -3 hours later. Subsequently, he tested negative on the rapid at the hotel THAT NIGHT and every day after. (We really don’t believe he had Covid at the Airport – that the test was somehow incorrect, but we never fought it)- Novotel: room was decent, food most of the time adequate in quality, the amount wasn’t quite enough for a large, athletic manAlthough this 3+4 is better, don’t expect that it is really feeling ‘normal’ as other places you might have been over the summer. We managed the 7 days, but it would have been more comfortable had we been better prepared.

muzzdang likes this.

Sorry, one last question to the community on the procedure. The last PCR test is on day #9. Does anybody know, what would happen to me if I test positive on this last test? Would I just have to self-isolate at home? Or would I get deported to a government facitlity? Thanks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5