Like Tree11Likes

Inbound travel for residents

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My experience is that the website to generate the Green QR code can operate very slowly/ hang quite a lot. You need to input quite a lot of data - name, address, telephone number, email, places coming from, flight details, vaccination status etc. Best to do before you get to the airport for peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    My experience is that the website to generate the Green QR code can operate very slowly/ hang quite a lot. You need to input quite a lot of data - name, address, telephone number, email, places coming from, flight details, vaccination status etc. Best to do before you get to the airport for peace of mind.
    I tried to do it a few months back in the back of a cab in Philippines (not Manila). I don't recommend that either LOL. My "note to self" was real - I fly home on Friday. And my flight timings mean it takes me almost 24 hours to get home so I need to time it carefully!

You can do the code 96 hours in advance (despite the declaration including the 24hr rat test). The seat number on the plane is also optional if you haven't checked in yet.

It is really a box tick. The RAT daily upload once you are here also has no basis in law so is also very optional.

Minimum compliance is therefore to do the green code, have your test on arrival, and another one two days later.

drumbrake, shri and HK_Katherine like this.

At some airport check ins you also need to show a photo of a RAT test ready (we all know it's stupid, but life is too short to argue - just have one ready to show).

emx, shri and HK_Katherine like this.

When I checked in for Perth to Hong Kong flight a few weeks ago, didnt need to show the green QR code at checkin at all. Only had to show it once landing in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    When I checked in for Perth to Hong Kong flight a few weeks ago, didnt need to show the green QR code at checkin at all. Only had to show it once landing in HK.
    You were in HK?!?!
    bdw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    You can do the code 96 hours in advance (despite the declaration including the 24hr rat test). The seat number on the plane is also optional if you haven't checked in yet.

It is really a box tick. The RAT daily upload once you are here also has no basis in law so is also very optional.

Minimum compliance is therefore to do the green code, have your test on arrival, and another one two days later.
    I have now done mine for my trip on Friday and it was all smooth. Let's hope check-in and the flight is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    At some airport check ins you also need to show a photo of a RAT test ready (we all know it's stupid, but life is too short to argue - just have one ready to show).
    I love RAT photos. I have a large selection

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    You were in HK?!?!
    I was in and out for work for 4 days a couple of weeks ago, sorted out some personal shit, reset the PR clock, spent 2 hours a day opening mail from Standard Chartered investment division who insist to send me paper every time they pay a dividend (lucky we have an industial sized shredder in the office). Had that stupid orange QR code for most of the time so eating takeaway, took the team out for a nice team lunch on the last day and then buggered off. Next time I am back hopefuly the restrictions are eased again and we go for that beer!
    shri and vmlinuz like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2