Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By tparker
  • 1 Post By aw451

Duty free while having an international stopover in China

Duty free while having an international stopover in China

Let’s say I fly from abroad straight into PEK, buy something in duty free shop that is there in arrival, enter the country,
    deliver my presents, then 20 hours later fly out without insert here:

Will they even sell to me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Will they even sell to me ?
    Why wouldnt they, as long as you buy it before entering the country, its still duty free (if they have any duty free shops on arrival).
    Flying out they wont check or care that you bought duty free when u landed and its not there when u leave.
    Morrison likes this.

Yes there's a duty free shop at PEK... it's uninspiring, but they sell a collection of common booze or skincare products that locals would otherwise buy from abroad.

Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    Yes there's a duty free shop at PEK... it's uninspiring, but they sell a collection of common booze or skincare products that locals would otherwise buy from abroad.
    Yes, I know of the store. Thought someone here might be a duty free regulation expert, as they take note of your ticket at the shop

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Yes, I know of the store. Thought someone here might be a duty free regulation expert, as they take note of your ticket at the shop
    They check your boarding pass to see if it was a domestic or international flight
    Morrison likes this.