Do I need to book a train ticket to shenzhen from HK ? Quick response needed

Closed Thread

Do I need to book a train ticket to shenzhen from HK ? Quick response needed

Hi all

I am heading to Shenzhen tomorrow, and just realised, that I may have to book a ticket to Shenzhen. Or can I just go and get on a train using my octopus card ?

Also do I catch the mtr to TST and then walk to east TST and get to shenzhen that way. Then purchase a visa at the end of my destination, Is my thinking correct ?

Please any fast reponse will be much appreciated

You just get on the train using your Octopus. Then you get off at the last stop on the HK side of the border, walk through HK Immigration, buy a visa at the visa office in "no man's land" (assuming you have a passport that allows this) and then go through Chinese immigration. Then you are in Shenzhen.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You just get on the train using your Octopus. Then you get off at the last stop on the HK side of the border, walk through HK Immigration, buy a visa at the visa office in "no man's land" (assuming you have a passport that allows this) and then go through Chinese immigration. Then you are in Shenzhen.
    Your a legend mate.

I have an Australian Passport and am under the impression that I can get an on the spot visa into shenzhen.

So I need to get to the east TST rail line yes ???

thanks again, you are very helpfull

Much appreciated...

Yes - get on at TST East on a train going to Lo Wu. Get off Lo Wu (end of the line).

I believe that a visa on the spot is no problem for Aussies.