Visiting Jan/Feb 06: some questions... :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

thanks again!

Ah tangent23, I know where you are staying now, my apologies!! You are right in assuming it's not too far from the metropole. You can walk there, although most of that area is newly developed and the roadways can be confusing, but once you've found the way to go it will be easy! There is a bus terminus nearby, down by the Hung Hom ferry, and you'll see taxi's pretty much everywhere. Although you are a little way from the action for the fireworks for CNY you will certainly be able to see them in the skyline. Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront will be packed (and in HK being packed really means being packed!) for the fireworks so sometimes not a bad thing to be a little way away. Congrats to you both and I hope you have a fantastic honeymoon here

jaykay

tangent23, Harbour plaza is not out of the main action. It's just 5 mins walking to the heart of Hung Hom. And you'll easily find cinemas, shopping malls, department store, ...
    For the fireworks, if you get a seaview room and could face to HK side, the fireworks is around your 2-4 o'clock. But I guess it's a bit far from you.
    Why not try Causeway Bay Excelsior, WanChai GrandHaytt, or even TST YMCA? No matter which hotel you choose, mind the floor, make sure no other buildings in front of yours.

Wink

It's your honeymoon...plan to splurge if you can and maybe book a table for dinner - Margaux at the Intercontinental?Expensive...but intimate in a formal without stiffling style, and you are smack in the fireworks action...or Felix,booking a harbourside table might be tough. The best views are on Kowloon side. Congrats!

hehe..

that's a good idea actually.. i know i'm repeating myself again, but thanks to everybody for the info and suggestions, it's been really helpful.

the internet is a wonderful place! :P

Quote Originally Posted by tangent23:
    ..the internet is a wonderful place! :P
    and a dangerous one too

How much are you paying/budgeting for the hotel in Hung Hom? Have you considered going through priceline.com.hk? You might get a better deal that way. Also, all the major cross-harbor buses stop at Hung Hom before making their way to Causeway Bay (literally 5-10 minutes), so your current location would be very convenient for visiting Hong Kong side as well...

I remember KIA took me to Totts (The Excelsior Hotel) for dinner to watch the fireworks! It was soooooo romantic.

i may have to plan a surprise for my partner ..

what other restaurants would be good for dinner + fireworks watching?

we're mostly doing things on a modest budget, but at least one 'splurge' is in order

I think that one of the best bits of watching the fireworks is standing near the Exhibition Centre and listening to the sound of the fireworks come of the skyscrappers - it works like an echo. The noise is immense.

TOTTS is good but you will have to request a table facing the right way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast