Shenzhen vs Guangdong airports

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by caipiroska:
    Or you can simply take the Bus to Shenzhen airport from the Kowloon Airport Express Station, Entry through Elements Mall. Buses at least every half hour. By far the cheapest and most convenient way. Whole journey takes not much more than 1 hour.
    I knew about this one, but it means taking a bus to Elements from here which adds another 45 mins at least to the journey .... Tuen Mun is very close to the border!

I've not checked (flights.price) but another option could also be Macau

with the B3X to Shenzhen Bayport and then the bus number 8 to Shenzhen Airport
    from Bay port 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
    from Airport to Bay Port 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
    approx. every 30 mins a bus, trip takes about 35 - 40 mins
    RMB 15 / person

Last edited by smarti; 07-01-2009 at 02:19 PM.

there is a mini bus that goes from tuen mun to wong gong border-it is very close

After you cross the china side border on the left hand side there is a kiosk selling bus tickets for the boan (shenzen airport) nice bus leaving 20 minutes or so then only 30 mins to the airport

dead easy even you dont speak chinese but have things written down in chinese

if first time leave tuen mun at least 2 and a half hours before your flight to be sure

btw the border point i stated as wong gong is the same as lok ma jau (its called lok ma jau on the hk side and wong gong on the china side)

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    there is a mini bus that goes from tuen mun to wong gong border-it is very close

After you cross the china side border on the left hand side there is a kiosk selling bus tickets for the boan (shenzen airport) nice bus leaving 20 minutes or so then only 30 mins to the airport

dead easy even you dont speak chinese but have things written down in chinese

if first time leave tuen mun at least 2 and a half hours before your flight to be sure
    Now that sounds like what I needed ... any idea where I pick up the minibus and the number? I can wander around Tuen Mun town centre sometime looking for it, but would be handy to know!

Quote Originally Posted by 1456M:
    with the B3X to Shenzhen Bayport and then the bus number 8 to Shenzhen Airport
    from Bay port 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
    from Airport to Bay Port 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
    approx. every 30 mins a bus, trip takes about 35 - 40 mins
    RMB 15 / person
    Thanks for this - I think the minibus the other guy indicated might be faster but at least this gives me a backup plan if I cannot find it!

Green minibus 44B, checkout ypmap.com and click on transportation map then green minibus route search, then click route no search and you should find 44b, it will list out all the roads that it pass through, find the one that seems familiar.

oh ok - I've been on the straight 44 before, I wondered where the others in the 44 series went.....

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    But I'd agree that switching planes in Beijing is probably less of a hassle than getting a cab in SZX.
    Yeah, but it's more likely to loose luggage switch planes in China than if you had it in a cab with you.

-titus