Just back from Bohol Beach Club

Closed Thread

Just back from Bohol Beach Club

Its private beach is very nice. The resort is a OK 3-star resort. But its onsite dive shop is not well equiped and organzied, I don't recommend to stay there if you are diver.

It has 3 swimming pools.

It also has a lot of green garden area.

Its standard room is very basic.

We also went to Balicasag Island dive resort for lunch during surface interval of our dives. The food is quite bad. I recommend you pack lunch if you dive in Balicasag.

Diving photos:

School of jackfish in Alona Beach:
    YouTube - DSCF2008

A handicapped (one hand) turtle in Balicasag:
    YouTube - DSCF2031

The resort is not bad if you have kids or non-diver family.

But the onsite dive shop is no good. It doesn't have enough space to wash gear, hang gear. They don't give you locker ot basket to put mask, fins.

The BBC 's dive shop does have one advantage. It does send more dive masters than usual.

We had 11 divers on boat. They constantly sent 3 or 4 DMs.

If you are diver, I don't recommend this place. I recommend to stay in alona beach. They have more dive shops, restaurants and resorts to choose. But the beach in alona is not as good as the beach in BBC.

We booked a 10-person van to alona beach for dinner every night. It costs 1200p roundtrip if you book from alona beach booking office. It costs 1800p if you book from BBC.

We ate BBQ food on two different restuarants. 2 dinners on each one. One is Lost Horizon. The other one is the restaurant next to Hayahay Pizza.

Both are good. Make sure you remind them don't over BBQ the food. Somwtimes they overburn them. Lost Horizon is cheaper but the one next to Hayahay Pizza has better seafood. If you eat with the one next to Hayahay Pizza, you can also order pizza from Hayahay Pizza which has very good pizza.

Both places have good BBQ pork belly, chicken wings and chicken legs.