Travel to Shenzhen?

Closed Thread

Travel to Shenzhen?

We recently moved to HK from the states and are wanting to take a trip to Shenzhen to do some shopping. We just got our HK IDs. What is the best way to go about getting a visa? Also, I have a friend from the states who will be coming to visit in a couple months. She also wants to take a trip into Shenzhen. When I checked the Chinese Embassy website in the states it says she has to apply in person at the consulate (which is about 800 miles away from where she lives so thats not possible). Is there a way we can get her visa when she is here?

Thanks for any advice!

You didn't mention your passport. If American you need to apply for a visa in advance;you cannot get a visa at the border. For Americans in the US there are many agents who will get the visa for your friend.In Hong Kong, you can go to the Visa Office in Wanchai. If you are not American, and you just plan to go to Shenzhen, you can get a visa at the Lo Wu border.

We use Visarite for visas in the US--

China visa and U.S. Passport expedited service provided by VisaRite

Keep in mind that, unless things have changed, it will take at least two days to get your visa in HK (drop off on one day, pick up the next). And do not go on Mondays nor on the day after a public holiday unless y ou want to spend the whole morning in a queue.

I am also assuming you have US passports.