Like Tree1Likes

Singapore to Tioman by ferry?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Singapore to Tioman by ferry?

I'm planning a trip to Singapore and would like to spend some time in Tioman as well. Is it possible to go there by ferry? If not, which is the best way?
    Can I book the Singapore-Tioman trip in HK? If not, can anyone recommend me a good and reliable travel agent in Singapore so I can make the booking before I leave HK.
    Also, do you have any recommendation for a nice hotel? We are going with 2 children, 4 & 9 years old, and would like a place where we can just relax!
    Thanks!

You can get to Tioman by either air or Ferry from Singapore
    By ferry which goes directly to Berjaya Beach Resort in 4- 4.5 hours.

The ferry departs at 08.30 from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, near Changi International airport, and arrives Tioman at 12.30-13.00. The return ferry to Singapore leaves Berjaya at 14.30 and arrives in Singapore around 18.30 - 19.00

Bookings via Penguin Ferry Services, Singapore.
    Tel: 65-2714866/5427105/2781978.

Hope that helps.

Ning87 likes this.

you can also fly there. Air berjaya has a daily flight from Seletar Airport to Tioman, it takes baout 45 minutes if I remember well.

Beside the ferry and the flight, you can also go to Mersing and catch a boat there if you have time

Thanks for the info!
    Has any one of you ever done the Singapore-Tioman ferry trip? Is it not too long for children? Or is it comfortable enough for them to enjoy it?

Singapore- Tioman Ferry Service Ceased

Dear Travellers,
    Please be informed that since 2004, Penguin Ferry has ceased the Singapore-Tioman service.

Penguin Ferry provides ferry services to Batam, Bintan and Karimun Islands.

I hope that this will clear the confusion for travellers to Tioman.

For further clarification, please check our website: penguin.com.sg
    Thank you and happy travels.

Penguin Ferry Services Pte Ltd
    Singapore.

As an update to this post, since it shows up at as a Google result, please note that there's now only one sole ferry operator remaining that goes to Tioman. The fast ferries and the slow ferries from Mersing to Tioman have also ceased opertations.

This results in that the ferries to Tioman are now the bottle-neck, especially during weekends and public holidays. In other words, the ferries are full before the Tioman resorts are.

Our advice to those who've booked a Tioman resort, or want to go to Tioman, especially during the weekend or a public holiday, book your ferry tickets as far in advance as possible, so you won't be stranded at the departure jetty due to the ferry for that day being already full.

One of the channels you can try is Tioman Ferry Tickets . You can also contact Bluewater direct of course.

Or just get a bus and then a ferry from Mersing.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue
    Or just get a bus and then a ferry from Mersing.
    Note the following:
    As an update to this post, since it shows up at as a Google result, please note that there's now only one sole ferry operator remaining that goes to Tioman. The fast ferries and the slow ferries from Mersing to Tioman have also ceased opertations.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon
    Note the following:
    Please see follow up post, and please note location of poster.
    Last edited by Satay Sue; 11-01-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Interesting, still appears on all these sites. Japamala is a very upmarket resort. As "Bryan Norman" appears to have joined this site just to post his bad info, I think there is another story here

Tioman
    Tioman Dive Centre ~ How you get to Tioman from Singapore
    tioman
    Japamala, Tioman Island

Last edited by Satay Sue; 11-01-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast