China Airline opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

China Airline opinion

Hi, has anyone flew China Airline? Can you please give your opinion? I just booked my flight from HK to Taipei with China Airline and after reading its bad safety record and accidents, I am very worried. The newspaper said the airline has improved its quality a lot, so I am just wondering how old the planes are from HK to Taipei, its service, quality check..etc.

Any advise is appreciated! Thanks!

We have flown once with them from Amsterdam to Bangkok as they offered a competitive pricing for their business class.

The planes are a tad old, but service was fine. The stewardess were all taiwanese but their english was alright. Compared to Cathy or Singapore airlines, it was obviously not as good.

Since yours is a short flight (under 1.5 hours), i think it is all alright .

i flew china air 4-5 times BKK-HK and it was fine. But i also recently learned about their safety records and now fly cathy.

Too bad.. .i really like china air stewardess :P

i flew China Airlines to Taipei and this was before reading their bad saftey record. I do not think it is so bad as to worry about, if it really was that bad, the Air authorities would actually ban it from flying to their airports.

the quality of service is ok, nothing spectacular but everything you expect from a modern airline.

the plane i went on was fine, clean, fairly modern, nothing scruffy so i assume wasnt too old.

jgl

I flew China Airlines from HK-Taipei-Honolulu the day their plane blew up in Okinawa! I had heard the stories of there safety record but flew anyway, then that happened the same day I flew and I thought...there but for the grace of God go I, cuz that could have been my plane.

Just got back from Taiwan - we flew China Airlines both ways (I didn't book it, was part of a group). Flight was fine, ontime and perfectly nice service. We had a brand new plane on the way over and I was really glad I could use the on-demand video right from the moment I stepped on the plane (ie including take off - which is pretty rare - although I tend to think that the "do not use electrical equipment" during take-off rules are rubbish). Way back was an old plane, no entertainment, but again nice service, perfectly comfortable seats, on time. I'd fly them again.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    I'm not sure I believe these guys reviews - they have Garuda (an airline banned from landing in the EU due to its safety record) in the same category (3*) as American Airlines and KLM!

jgl

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    I'm not sure I believe these guys reviews - they have Garuda (an airline banned from landing in the EU due to its safety record) in the same category (3*) as American Airlines and KLM!
    I've never paid attention the the aggregated star ratings, so can't comment on them. However, I have found the reviews left by individuals to be quite useful- for example, the Orient Thai reviews seem to be quite informative (the summary being to expect waits and crappy planes). I managed to avoid wait times (probably by booking the earliest flights in the day) but yeah, they do have somewhat crappy planes.

er2

AFAIK this is not because of Garuda but because of the requirements and security measures put in place by the Indonesian authorities. All Indonesian airlines are banned from the EU, if Cathay would move to Indonesia they'd be banned too. Although I agree you should take such rankings with a grain of salt...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast