Health screens at airport

Health screens at airport

I read where they detained that HK student who was returning from Mexico at the airport for testing/health screening.
    Anyone know if they are applying that to other swine flus places beside Mexico? Like people flying from the USA?
    They could really back up the old airport if they screened everyone off every flight from the USA.

I didn't notice any health screening taking place when I flew back from Singapore this sunday. I was even asking my husband that I didn't notice any temp monitors/thermal screening?? this time. We cleared through arrivals in record time.

Quote Originally Posted by expatsoshk:
    I was even asking my husband that I didn't notice any temp monitors/thermal screening?? this time. We cleared through arrivals in record time.
    They're in the ceiling, I noticed last time. They used a lot of duct tape to the hand hold temperature guns and it looks really hackish.

When I was at the airport on Monday all arrivals were being temperature checked, and all arrivals had to hand in a signed health declaration form with red boxes to tick if you had a sore throat, fever,cough or other things before immigration. I doubt if many actually tick the red boxes though.

The US Consulate just (today) sent out a warning about new airport procedures and the possibility of being quarantined for your vacation. Spoke with a guy who came in this past weekend and he said the experience was quicker than normal because the planes are empty. Probably a flu/economy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    When I was at the airport on Monday all arrivals were being temperature checked, and all arrivals had to hand in a signed health declaration form with red boxes to tick if you had a sore throat, fever,cough or other things before immigration. I doubt if many actually tick the red boxes though.
    If you want a quiet time out watching TV the whole day, with food and lodging paid by taxpayers, you know where to go and what to tick.