Like Tree5Likes

Facemask does not work!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Facemask does not work!

Time to make all priggish and self-righteous Hong Kong people angry again. They are really so cute when they are. =)

Who the h--l has fooled the citizens of this city to wear a face mask. It has no function at all and only make foreign people to laugh at how stupid it looks like when people use it. This is the truth and is proved through research - It only helps for circa 5 seconds, after that it is not helping at all. People who buys it are just loosing money. So stop it right away!!!!

Facemasks work, but they're being used for the wrong purpose.

They're not meant to protect the person wearing them, they're meant to protect those around them - if they're sick, sneezing, coughing.

If you notice the ads, the govt asks people to wear the masks when they are ill ... not when someone around them is.

I have seen all sorts of people were masks (White / Yellow / Brown) in HK.

How do u know if they are not ill and maybe wearing it to prevent others catching something. Most of them are probably wearing it out of being scared, so what if it works or not, it easies their mind.

I dont wear one, wouldnt wear one even if i was sick. I like to share.

Totally wrong!

It nor helps the people that are healthy and want to protect themselves as well as it is not helping people from making other people sick. In the country in Europe where I come doctors and researchers have urged not to wear any face mask, because it does more damages than it is helping. In Hong Kong they say the opposite, totally insane and I will refuse to wear one!

>> I will refuse to wear one!

Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mircolan
    It nor helps the people that are healthy and want to protect themselves as well as it is not helping people from making other people sick. In the country in Europe where I come doctors and researchers have urged not to wear any face mask, because it does more damages than it is helping. In Hong Kong they say the opposite, totally insane and I will refuse to wear one!
    Wearing mask is totally your choice, you need not wear one if you dont want to.

I think people wear masks to hide their ugly faces.

I, for one, never wear one because I don't want to deny the world the sight of my fantastic looks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mircolan
    It nor helps the people that are healthy and want to protect themselves as well as it is not helping people from making other people sick.
    You're an idiot .

The masks are supposed to act as a layer of protection against the projectile bacteria filled fluid excretions from the sick people who are coughing and sneezing (Uncovered cough/sneeze can propel bacteria 2-3meters away). This is especially important in Hong Kong when people don't cover their mouth with their hands when they cough and sneeze.

It does nothing to prevent the infection as bacteria can enter the body through any open oraphace...eyes, mouth, nose, etc. Most people get infected from the bacteria on their hands when they don't wash them and consume food.

jgl

Shri- surely one good use of the rating system is to stop idiot trolls from stirring things up? Considering that the OP has managed to rack up a huge amount of negative feedback in only 20 posts it should be quite apparent that he doesn't have anything worthwhile to say. Is it worth giving him access to this particularly soapbox?

Fine with me

But maybe you shall thing of wearing one yourself. This is the reasons why not wearing face mask:

1. The face mask is letting in air and has no function against face mask.
    2. If the face mask becomes humid it can acctually start to gather virus.
    3. As the face mask can make you to itch yourself because of discomfort with the face mask you start to have your hands in your face, which you absolutely shall avoid.

Investment of face masks is a total waste of money sais also WHO, it will only be counter-productive!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast