Where to go on a second visit

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to go on a second visit

Hi,

my parents are coming over for their second visit and I need ideas for where to take them.
    They did all the main sights on their first trip and now I'm looking for some undiscovered gems, does anyone have any suggestions.

So far, my very sort list, includes Disneyland and a day trip to Macau.

TIA

Sand

Give us a brief on where your folks went on the first trip, and I am sure we will let you know what they missed out on. There's a lot to see out here.

If they have never been Aberdeen, I would suggest to take them on a boat trip along the Shum Wan. It will be a great experience traveling around those big ships and small boats, and see how people living on a boat.

Another place I would suggest is Chi Lin Nunnery at Diamond Hill. Once you are in there, you will feel peaceful and calm.

Hope it helps and your parents will enjoy the trip.

Thanks for the reply.

Here are the places I can remember:

Po Lin Monastery and the Big Budha
    The Peak
    10,000 Budha, Man Mo and Wong Tai Sin Temple
    Star Ferry and harbour tour
    Stanely
    TST, Mong Kok Central for shopping
    Aberdeen and the Jumbo Resturant
    Ocean Park
    Couple of museams

Shek-O, Sai Kung.

Chinese opera shows

Tai Mo Shan Hike, Mai Po Marshes Nature Reserve (week-ends/public holidays only, tickets available at WWF office near Peak tram station in Central), Tai O village on Lantau (perhaps combined with boat trip from Tung Chung), Lamma Island Walk ... or perhaps one of the many beaches (see current issue of HK magazine).

How about a hike on Lamma ending at the restaurants for lunch or a hike at Tai Tam Resevoir.

Or Mai Po marshes - wildlife etc but need to book on a tour.

Sazzy, I think we both agree on Lamma and Mai Po. I prefer the north-to-south walk on Lamma (rather than the other way) because a.) you aren't looking at those ugly chimneys of the power station all the time and b.) there are all these nice fish restaurants waiting at the end. As for Mai Po, the best time to do it is winter when the birds are back - I did a tour in May and there weren't any migratory birds around.

What about a day trip to Shenzhen (depending on visa requirements?
    How long are they here for? When my family came here, we went to Singapore for the weekend. If they are here for longer - how about the Beijing/Great Wall for a long weekend?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast