Going to Shenzhen? Bring your pen!!!

Closed Thread

Thumbs up Going to Shenzhen? Bring your pen!!!

I just came back from a day trip to Dongguan. For those who have not yet crossed the border since the H1N1 human, bird, swine flew fiasco, here is what you can expect:

1. Fill out form asking about recent travel and health condition (similar to the one they used during SARS) before you cross into Luo Wu.

2. Foreigners (those entering China on a foreign passport) have a second form to fill out (smaller, but asking almost the exact same questions) before you can queue up for immigration formalities on the Mainland side. Interestingly enough, at Luo Wu the immigration officials dealing with foreigners were wearing those expensive, 3M type masks. Gee, I missed their warm smiles!

3. When you go back to Hong Kong you will have fill out exactly the same form you did leaving Hong Kong (#1)

Suggestion:

1. Get extra copies of these forms as you go through to save for your next crossing and fill them out in advance.

2. Bring an extra pen!

Cheers,

Dan...

Thanks for the advice. Very helpful. I'll definitely bring my own pen and get extra copies of those forms next time(and fill them out at home) when we go to Shenzhen again.

We have foreign passports and HKID cards(non-permanent). Do you know whether we should queue up at the foreign visitors line, or we can use the HK residents line as well?(sometimes that line is shorter as there are more counters for HK residents).

On the China side you definitely need to queue up at the Foreign Visitor's line.

Thanks elle.