Places to see in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Cool Places to see in Hong Kong

Hi,

let us hear what are the most popular spots in Hong Kong for the expats on weekends...

I start with...Avenue of Stars on the early evening (oh its near to where i stay so...)

Plz share your experience and views...

KB

Avenue of Stars? For expats? You jest surely?

Not bad if what you really want to do is watch the light show on the harbor.
    And I am doubting you can find such a list of places. Do you mean ex-pats, ex-pats with kids, ex-pats with older kids, ex-pats who like outdoors, ex-pats who like museums, ex-pats who like shopping, ex-pats etc....

The Peak.. Not just for expats but more for anyone who wishes to see an amazing site.. I went there on my first night here and again a few weeks ago.. still amazing!

I'd agree with the Peak, although you have to wait for the weather to clear. Sort of like the Big Buddha. No point in going if the weather or pollution obscures the view.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    I'd agree with the Peak, although you have to wait for the weather to clear. Sort of like the Big Buddha. No point in going if the weather or pollution obscures the view.
    This is true..

If the weather clears up, go to Lamma Island.

make sure you have a beach mat and sensible footwear... and do the walk from one ferry port town to the other. I would give you names.. but I don't know them Sorry
    Last edited by kenbo23; 25-05-2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: spelling is rubbish today!

Lamma Island

You can get ferries from Outlying Islands Ferry Pier No.4 in Central to:

Sok Kwu Wan (1 small temple with a huge preserved fish and lots of seafood restaurants - nothing else)

Yung Shue Wan (much bigger with bank, Post Office, seafood and other restaurants, several bars, lots of small shops etc)

Nice walk between the two, with gazetted beaches at Lo So Shing (near Sok Kwu Wan) and Hung Shing Yee (near Yung Shue Wan). The path gets busy at weekends.

You can decide which way you want to walk depending on time of day, whether you want lunch / dinner / drinks etc.