Who said that Hong Kong is not dangerous?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by ingenue:
    I know it very well and never had a single problem in the time I lived there (just under 10 years). I lived everywhere from "safe" neighborhoods like the East Village and Williamsburg, to "dangerous" areas like Canarsie in Brooklyn and around East Bushwick.

Sh!t happens everywhere in the world...it's a bit of a crap shoot in that regard....I don't consider NYC any more dangerous than HK TBH.
    I guess a lot of it depends on your lifestyle too. I lived in and around NYC for seven years and I saw some wild sh*t. lol. The craziest experiences I've ever had were in Washington Heights and Jamaica, although Hempstead (in Nassau County) can get pretty interesting too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    Don't they have yellow signs telling you where they are? Seems to me most criminal masterminds will just avoid them.
    If you want to catch the guy, you have to put cameras up above him and not tell the whole world you are putting them there. Or maybe you can just borrow a drone from the US or buy some spy satellite time.
    if you look at the paper today, the yellow signs announce the areas under surveillance, but not "look up and see the camera"...that would indeed be idiotic...and in this case, the guy might be attracted to them, like the arsonist standing in the crowd watching the house burn...

Quote Originally Posted by timklip:
    if you look at the paper today, the yellow signs announce the areas under surveillance, but not "look up and see the camera"...that would indeed be idiotic...and in this case, the guy might be attracted to them, like the arsonist standing in the crowd watching the house burn...
    You are saying the areas under surveillance are located some distance from the camera? I bet you can look up and see the camera.
    Regardless, they only catch the stupid criminals anyway, so maybe he will pose for the CCTV.

You are saying the areas under surveillance are located some distance from the camera? I bet you can look up and see the camera.
    Regardless, they only catch the stupid criminals anyway, so maybe he will pose for the CCTV.
    No..I'm saying the signs read "This AREA under surveillance" or words to that effect...I would think the cameras precise location and the direction they are pointing (they are staionary) would NOT be common knowledge...whatever the situation, the cameras are probably useless...

Recent news has it that NYC is the safest big city in the States. LOL. I agree that HK is safer, but NYC is much better than most cities in NA.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I guess a lot of it depends on your lifestyle too. I lived in and around NYC for seven years and I saw some wild sh*t. lol. The craziest experiences I've ever had were in Washington Heights and Jamaica, although Hempstead (in Nassau County) can get pretty interesting too!

Quote Originally Posted by pizzalover:
    Recent news has it that NYC is the safest big city in the States. LOL. I agree that HK is safer, but NYC is much better than most cities in NA.
    Yup, and NY is still a lot more dangerous than London (2x the murder rate for example). Imagine how much fun the worst cities in the US would be!

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Yup, and NY is still a lot more dangerous than London (2x the murder rate for example). Imagine how much fun the worst cities in the US would be!

Ah yes... I've been to Detroit a few times... and being an Asian guy in a Detroit club... now THAT was "fun" LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by timklip:
    No..I'm saying the signs read "This AREA under surveillance" or words to that effect...I would think the cameras precise location and the direction they are pointing (they are staionary) would NOT be common knowledge...whatever the situation, the cameras are probably useless...
    My point is that by pointing out the general area of the camera, you make it a lot easier to find and avoid. Cops don't usually stake-out a place/person with uniforms, flashing lights and signs announcing their presence.
    But agreed, the cameras are probably useless.

My point is that by pointing out the general area of the camera, you make it a lot easier to find and avoid. Cops don't usually stake-out a place/person with uniforms, flashing lights and signs announcing their presence.
    But agreed, the cameras are probably useless.
    its all this ethics, morals, political correctness stuff... if they didnt have a big notice, then everyone would be saying how it invades their privacy and its spying on people etc etc.

its the same as when i studied pychology at school... ethics restricts you from finding out what you need to find out.

That is why Big Brother (TV Show) is rubbish... everyone knows they are on camera, but we only show our true colours when we think no one is watching us...

To top this off, I see where they think they guy through the acid whilst still indoors.
    Pehaps he had, somehow, heard about the possibility of cameras in the area?

And I agree about Big Brother and all the other "reality" shows. It's reality if you happen to be the sort of person who is normally captured on film for mass braodcast whilst stranded in the middle of some bizarre scenario. Otherwise it's "acting".

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6