Shall the boy pay for the girl?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

As you should darling. Turnabout is fair play, about time we males started cashing in on these "women's rights" which includes the right for you to pick up the cheque now and then

i think some of you are stereotyping HK girls, i have meet many within an overseas country ( raised in HK) and within HK , only a small percent/minority & far and few are 'high maintenance', maybe you should considering the scenrio in which you have meet a stereotypically HK 'high maintenance' girl which have tainted your view.

its highly probable that you have meet a stereotypically HK 'high maintenance' girl in lan kwei fong or bar/club area such as knutford steps/lee garden/wan chai as these are usually the places where stereotypically HK 'high maintenance' girl go to hook up with wealthy guys on a regular basis.

however, majority of HK girls are not 'high maintenance' and don't seek out for the fatness of a guys wallet, most rarely even go to these clubbing/bar area ( possibly once in a blue moon), nearly all of these 'normal' HK girls are also very independent, educated, hard working career women who share the cost of dining and drinks with their partners.

maybe you should consider going to standard hk 'haunt' to change your perspective of what is 'normal' hk girls.

regardless of race or creed, you will always get gold diggers ( even male gold diggers such as tony chan chun cheun) throughout the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchDrinker:
    Geez that's what I'm gonna do from now on - cheapo takeouts for Mr. Me! I picked up the $1,500 dinner bill for the two of us the other day....
    Do you have a sister?

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchDrinker:
    Geez that's what I'm gonna do from now on - cheapo takeouts for Mr. Me! I picked up the $1,500 dinner bill for the two of us the other day....
    Are you picking up the bill for tonight too then as part of my consultancy fee!

To the pissed off orginal poster. I don't know where you came from but I lived in US and Canada, Most of the young married couple I met, the husband paid for their wife. They paid for the house and car. Some are from Russia, some are from Austu , US.. all mixed up. Unfortunately there is still a thing call sex-discrimination especially in Asia ,woman tends to have lower-wages. Also they have physical disadvantages comparing to male. hm..sound un-civilized but true

dude... be a man , even if you manage to make your woman paid, it just make u less a man when you look at the situation from a logical perspective. . My girl makes about 70-80% of what I make, sometime she insist paying but I still refused, she lived a harder life then me and she deserve better.Base on our history, man always have been the main-provider of the family, even when we were cave-man. Man go hunt for food while woman nest in the cave. In today society, instead of going hunting for food, we go make $$$ If you don't have the $$ to spare maybe u should concentrate on improving yourself and stop wasting your and other people time, probably once u improved yourself maybe girls will start noticing you and hopefully u don't have to release you anger in public forum.

take it easy and good luck=)

Last edited by mmoojooo; 17-06-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Fuel to the fire

Buddy I wouldn't take the OP too seriously Trolls are looking for an empassioned response. I think everyone on this forum has a healthy respect for the intricacies of a male female relationship where the women is real and not of the pneumatic / inflatable variety...

Every woman/girl is different as are guys I see nothing wrong with a situation where both parties are in agreement as to the way finances should be split in a relationship and where they should be shared. It's part of being a grown up complete individual obviously something the OP is not

Quote Originally Posted by mmoojooo:
    To the pissed off orginal poster. I don't know where you came from but I lived in US and Canada, Most of the young married couple I met, the husband paid for their wife. They paid for the house and car. Some are from Russia, some are from Austu , US.. all mixed up. Unfortunately there is still a thing call sex-discrimination especially in Asia ,woman tends to have lower-wages. Also they have physical disadvantages comparing to male. hm..sound un-civilized but true

dude... be a man , even if you manage to make your woman paid, it just make u less a man when you look at the situation from a logical perspective. . My girl makes about 70-80% of what I make, sometime she insist paying but I still refused, she lived a harder life then me and she deserve better.Base on our history, man always have been the main-provider of the family, even when we were cave-man. Man go hunt for food while woman nest in the cave. In today society, instead of going hunting for food, we go make $$$ If you don't have the $$ to spare maybe u should concentrate on improving yourself and stop wasting your and other people time, probably once u improved yourself maybe girls will start noticing you and hopefully u don't have to release you anger in public forum.

take it easy and good luck=)

Quote Originally Posted by mmoojooo:
    To the pissed off orginal poster. I don't know where you came from but I lived in US and Canada, Most of the young married couple I met, the husband paid for their wife. They paid for the house and car.
    Reminds me of the cable show I saw recently. US couple about to get married, new bride decided to buy a 4 wheel drive for her husband as a surprise gift on their wedding day. At the end of the show, the husband said the escalated costs of the actual wedding and the
    new car will set him back another 4-5 years on repayments...but he's really happy and thought everything worthwhile!!

At least in HK, the independent girls (not the tai tais), when they buy a guy a present, it will be on her own credit card, not the guy's supplementary card.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    Do you have a sister?
    My twin sister is the evil high-maintenance one - you've been warned...

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Are you picking up the bill for tonight too then as part of my consultancy fee!
    Only if you provide special services Jim...!

AND as was fully expected, I got a red blob:

"well arent you the big man. $1500 dinner? so what? if it was nice, just pay up"

With no signature of course.

Mate, without trying to hijack the thread (can you actually hijack a troll's thread?!) more than I already have, I feel obliged to point out that you're missing the point. Ever heard of pretendy-whinge? We like whinging about bugger-all, it's a national sport. Now go and grow a sense of humour.

And just for the benefit of my anonymous friend, yes I do pay up regularly. And yes $1,500 dosen't make anyone a "big man". But that wasn't something that I was trying to suggest.

Last edited by ScotchDrinker; 17-06-2009 at 01:58 PM.