AIR ASIA CHEAP FLIGHTS

Closed Thread

AIR ASIA CHEAP FLIGHTS

Book and pay flight between Jun 24 - 28 and fly from between Oct 2009 - Apr 2010 and you can get some very cheap deals.

Just bought a round trip ticket to Bangkok for Dec for HK$552 (incl tax), now thats a good deal, cheaper than buying a round of drinks in Wan Chai.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Book and pay flight between Jun 24 - 28 and fly from between Oct 2009 - Apr 2010 and you can get some very cheap deals.

Just bought a round trip ticket to Bangkok for Dec for HK$552 (incl tax), now thats a good deal, cheaper than buying a round of drinks in Wan Chai.
    Okay, HK$ 552 is pretty cheap, but I think u must be very lucky to get the cheapest rate for both legs.
    In general, I wonder why people fly with Air Asia to Bangkok from here. In the past weeks and months they were always more expensive than carriers such as China Airlines, Emirates.... And there you do get a decent meal and a nice entertainment system, too. So I dont really see the point in flying Air Asia from HKG to BKK and vice versa. But it seems other fellow travellers do!

well they are doing a special prom for 4 days only and it is about luck as you said about the cost, i have checked for other days and the price is not that good, for that cost i would fly other airlines.

it is very good deal..hope it won't be 'oasis'...

Quote Originally Posted by ghkg:
    it is very good deal..hope it won't be 'oasis'...
    Air Asia are one of the largest budget carriers in Asia, as opposed to Oasis who only had a few planes.

Its like saying Easyjet or RyanAir going bust, Air Asia are on the same league as them and Easyjet, etc have such sales on all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveD:
    Okay, HK$ 552 is pretty cheap, but I think u must be very lucky to get the cheapest rate for both legs.
    In general, I wonder why people fly with Air Asia to Bangkok from here. In the past weeks and months they were always more expensive than carriers such as China Airlines, Emirates.... And there you do get a decent meal and a nice entertainment system, too. So I dont really see the point in flying Air Asia from HKG to BKK and vice versa. But it seems other fellow travellers do!
    Not exactly true. I booked Airasia to Bangkok from Macau 10 days ahead and paid 636 MOP to go and 2661 THB for the return flight (all incl. Tax). A total of 1260 HK$. Where else can you get that ? Even if you add the ferry ticket (Which I don't have to) it will be no more than 1520 HK$.
    Last edited by hktraveller; 03-07-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller:
    Not exactly true. I booked Airasia to Bangkok from Macau 10 days ahead and paid 636 MOP to go and 2661 THB for the return flight (all incl. Tax). A total of 1260 HK$. Where else can you get that ? Even if you add the ferry ticket (Which I don't have to) it will be no more than 1520 HK$.
    Where else? Try a full service airline such as Emirates or Royal Jordanian.

Emirates has, for example, HKG-BKK next Thursday and return the following Tuesday, you will only pay $1282 (including taxes).

Or Royal Jordanian will do the same days for $1026.

Great value and these are not isolated flights. Although, of course they timing of the flights may not suit your needs.

I can buy 19 Mcdonald's meal.

19 Mc's meal = 1 round trip ticket to bangkok

wow

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    Where else? Try a full service airline such as Emirates or Royal Jordanian.

Emirates has, for example, HKG-BKK next Thursday and return the following Tuesday, you will only pay $1282 (including taxes).

Or Royal Jordanian will do the same days for $1026.

Great value and these are not isolated flights. Although, of course they timing of the flights may not suit your needs.
    China Airlines is also cheap (800 plus tax). They now have 2 daily flights to Siam.