Schenzhen, Visa at border ??

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    Easy peasy lemon squeezy; photo, form - if you have one visa in your passport they will issue a multiple - make sure to say 'tourist'. CTS shop will be very helpful, embassy in CRC building in Wanch is cheaper but more time in ques.
    so with my british passport i can get a multi entry visa (i have a single entry already been used in my passport, and i hold a hkid card too).
    also is there a way i can get a "wui heng" card if i was born in the uk?

Quote Originally Posted by law2181:
    so with my british passport i can get a multi entry visa (i have a single entry already been used in my passport, and i hold a hkid card too).
    Yup indeed you can.

As regards to Wui Heng, Are you a permenant resident? If so then yes if not then No.

Quote Originally Posted by law2181:

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread45483.html

check out this thread about return home pass (回嚮証), they changed the rules in 2005 for overseas born chinese, so no, unless you've lived in hk continuously for 7 years.

multi use visas ( 6months @ HK$890 1 year a@ HK$1,300) is not too bad if you have got it from china consulate, i prefer not to get it from CTS cos some of their staff are dodgy as well as cheaper and faster in china consulate

It's not a consulate, but the Commissioners Office of China's Foreign Affairs Ministry in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:

multi use visas ( 6months @ HK$890 1 year a@ HK$1,300) is not too bad if you have got it from china consulate, i prefer not to get it from CTS cos some of their staff are dodgy as well as cheaper and faster in china consulate
    Yup CTS screwed me over and said they weren't doing annual ones anymore and I could only get a six month and charged me the price of an annual.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Yup CTS screwed me over and said they weren't doing annual ones anymore and I could only get a six month and charged me the price of an annual.
    heh, same thing happened to me first time round. second time i just went straight to wanchai.

CTS charge HK$1,300 for a six month visa on a brit passport, while it costs HK$1,330 to get a year visa direct from wanchai.

Come on lads, you've both been around Hong Kong long enough that you shouldn't be doing things the 'tourist' way anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Come on lads, you've both been around Hong Kong long enough that you shouldn't be doing things the 'tourist' way anymore!
    Time was an issue on my side and CTS was 5 minutes away by cab from the office as opposed to going to Wanchai and waiting half a day etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Time was an issue on my side and CTS was 5 minutes away by cab from the office as opposed to going to Wanchai and waiting half a day etc.
    You don't need to wait half a day in wanchai - you just need to time it right and not follow the crowds! I waited 30 mins to drop off and 5 mins to pickup... plenty of other threads on the right time/day/being sure you have all the right stuff with you.

I wouldn't knock CTS - I've had some very good service from them (and some poor) - likewise from the China visa place in Wanch - if you get someone helpful - service is great - if you get some cnut that has had to put up with people being rude all morning - it'll be a struggle and frankly rather than que up outside in 32oC+ I'll pay someone to do it faster for me. Greyline Tours helped me get a single entry visa for a business visitor in less than three hours on a Monday morning. But it cost a few bob. During the Olympics Visa Fiasco last year I found a travel agent on Queens Rd that could get me double entry visas when no one else could.
    I've got a 5 year multiple so I don't have a problem but if I have to sort things out for visitors I'll pay a few dollars extra for hassle free service.