[Wanted]Anything NZ

Closed Thread

[Wanted]Anything NZ

Looking for books, maps, nautical charts, tide tables, camp-ground guides, adventure-writings etc about NZ. Especially looking for a book titled Southern_Exposure by Chris Duff.

Also, if you're from NZ or are familiar with the south island and its coastline, any chance you can drop me a line? If you have a few moments to spare, I'd like to ask you some questions.

Thanks a lot,
    -Cordelia

There's a New Zealand Shop in Hennessy Road in Wan Chai, near the fire station. I think it's run by the NZ tourist board/trade development board or something.

Some info

Hi

The NZ store in Hennessey Road won't really give you what you need, more education, tourism (Air NZ), and some food and wine.

Here are a couple of websites that might help though:
    The NZ Camping Guide offers the traveler a complete range of camping choices for Maui camper vans, motor homes, caravans, camper vans and tents, in both camp sites and accommodation throughout New Zealand, New Zealand Campsites, campsites
    New Zealand Tourism Guide : New Zealand Travel Guide, Accommodation, Tours, Attractions, Vacation Information and NZ Holiday Sites
    The ones above will give you a bit of a guide to campsites.
    This one will give you some info on tides but I think it also gives a guide to where to buy charts etc
    Land Information New Zealand

Can't think of anything else at the moment. When are you going? And have you got any place in particular you are wanting to go to?

Cheers

Thanks a lot guys. Alli, the LINZ site is excellent, I can download seacharts directly through it. I'm going to the South Island towards the end of this year (or early 2010) and looking for info like coastal cabins/ campsite, water source, towns along the coast where I can shop for food and supplies etc. I'm planning a 3 months long expedition and I will need to know where I can shop for more supplies without hiking for 10 hours away from the beach. (I'll be looking for food, batteries, medicine... and maybe an Internet cafe or some wifi/ cellphone signals for contacting friends and family in HK to let them know whether I'm still alive.)