Place to Stay on Cheung Sha beach?

There's the Silvermine Beach Hotel on Lantau, but it's not on Cheung Sha Beach and it's not boutique!

Maybe there is a hotel there, but I think that there are only holiday flats. Book from the stalls near Mui Wo ferry pier - however at weekends you might find flats booked up by teenagers so maybe not so relaxing if they are next door.

Maybe try Cheung Chau B&B.

Or there are places on Lamma - Concerto Inn

We've just come back from the Westin in Macau - it's relaxing and cheaper than last year (although IMHO the restaurant quality and service has declined in the last year). Located on a nice beach with a couple of local restaurants within walking distance and pretty much nothing else.....

There used to be a tiny boutique hotel right on the beach at Cheung Sha, 5 mins walk east of the Stoep, run by an English woman. It was very nice but very expensive. I haven't heard of it for years so maybe that other website is out of date. On the other hand, maybe it's always booked out so they don't need to shout about it.

Question Macau Resort

I can confirm that the Westin Macau resort is a great deal to find a nice beach, in a quite place at an affordable price. I stayed there for 4 days with my HK girlfriend who wanted to escape from the Wan Chai buzzy life. We had a great stay, with great service from the team.

But now I am looking forward to find a nice hotel closer to HK. I will look the above recommendation. However any idea for a RELAXING" and peacuful hotel in HK is welcome?? I used to stay at several business hotel on Island, but never find a real "getaway"

Quote Originally Posted by robertjones.bru:
    I can confirm that the Westin Macau resort is a great deal to find a nice beach, in a quite place at an affordable price. I stayed there for 4 days with my HK girlfriend who wanted to escape from the Wan Chai buzzy life. We had a great stay, with great service from the team.

But now I am looking forward to find a nice hotel closer to HK. I will look the above recommendation. However any idea for a RELAXING" and peacuful hotel in HK is welcome?? I used to stay at several business hotel on Island, but never find a real "getaway"

The GoldCoast hotel is far enough and by the marina. worth taking a look if you enjoyed the Westin (although the Westin remain nicer imho)

Smile

Thanks for your post!
    I had a look, seems great but no indoor swimmin pool. I am looking for a hotel with a inner pool and spa facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    The GoldCoast hotel is far enough and by the marina. worth taking a look if you enjoyed the Westin (although the Westin remain nicer imho)
    Having stayed in both (and obviously living in the GC marina) I can honestly say the GC hotel is like charing cross station compared with the Westin on Macau. Not relaxing AT ALL. Full of noisy tour groups, children, weddings..... etc etc etc. Obviously better than HKI but not great.

The closest we have found in HK was the Silvermine Beach Hotel in Mui Wo - but (and it's a big but) while the locale is relaxing, the hotel is 3 star at best, so not exactly a luxury getaway by any means. But we enjoyed a weekend there.