Tung Chung or Central to Shenzhen airport

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tung Chung or Central to Shenzhen airport

Is there a direct coach / bus to do this trip?

Or just get to the MTR and head up to the border and get a cab once across?

Thanks

Direct bus from bus station below Elements Mall

Does that go all the way to Shenzhen airport?

I have no clue where SZ airport is, as I have never been there.

Thanks

Yes. It goes via the Shenzhen Bay Port crossing (so past Tuen Mun, then up the freeway on the other side).

The airport is close to the coast, about half way between shenzhen and guangzhou. I've only taken it from the Bay Port side (it waits for everyone to clear customs, Bay Port is a nice quiet crossing so it's not a big deal) but was told to allow 1.5 hours for the total journey from Elements.

Ah, ok, great. Thanks.

Does it stop anywhere else in HK or is Elements the only place to pick it up.

Elements is only place

What about the one from Wanchai?

I've caught it from SZ airport back to HK and went to Wanchai. Does it go the other way (i.e. from Wanchai to SZ airport?)

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Direct bus from bus station below Elements Mall
    I noticed this the other week - the shopfront (and waiting area?) is near the cinema. Do you know how much it costs to Shenzhen Airport? How long does it take?

By far the easiest for a first timer leaving from Tung Chung is to go to Chek Lap Kok arrivals hall where you will find the Shenzen Airport checkin desk.

They will checkin for you issue the boarding pass and put you on the cross border bus to Shenzen airport

Be at ChekLapKok about 3 hours before your shenzen flight departs to be safe

In any case there are buses every 30mins to Wong Kong border where you can also cross to get a shenzen airport bus if for some reason you dont want to check in in HK first

Hi,

The bus fare from Elements to Shenzhen Airport is HKD 100/-. The journey time is about an hour and a half +/-15 mins. Do not be surprised if they make you board a different bus on the China side. They identify you after you cross over by the sticker on your shirt and direct you to the right bus, so be sure that you do not take the sticker off until after you arrive at the airport. The coach takes you all the way up to the departure level drop-off point at the airport in Shenzhen.

Never connected from HKIA so I have no idea. Hk7, where in the arrivals hall would you find the Shenzhen Airport check-in desk? Is it right beside the hotel transfer coach counters?

I thought coaches to the mainland are taken from the lower level at Terminal 2. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Shakermaker

Last edited by Dreadnought; 13-08-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast