• Cebu

1 50.00%
  • Vietnam

1 50.00%

Cebu or Vietnam. Need Advice.. Fast!!

Closed Thread

Cebu or Vietnam. Need Advice.. Fast!!

Ellu,

OK, I need advice on where to go, cebu or vietnam.

I like to discover new things in the morning and party at night. My friend likes to do the same, but she likes to have less exotic food. She'd like if there's a Burger King or McDonald's and a decent club with good music. I on the other hand eat almost everything.
    I've heard that Vietnam is a boring place and Cebu is filthy!

Also, does anyone know how to get to Angkor Wat from Ho Chi Minh, if it's easy, then the scales will tilt more towards Vietnam!

Rahul.

Rappy,

You can fly direct to Siem Reap from Ho Chi Minh on Vietnam Airways - takes just over an hour or so as I recall. Siem Reap is the airport for Angkor - only a 20 min cab ride from the town and temples..

Angkor is well worth it my opinion, I am sure your friend can have a burger once they are back home.

Kuma

Cebu and Vietnam??? Where in Vietnam??? Hanoi, Saigon, Danang, Hoi An, Hue, Sapa, Haong Bay, Dalat??? you need to be more precise.

there are NO McDonalds in Vietnam.

OVerall I would choose Vietnam over Cebu but it really depends on the lenght of your stay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Cebu and Vietnam??? Where in Vietnam??? Hanoi, Saigon, Danang, Hoi An, Hue, Sapa, Haong Bay, Dalat??? you need to be more precise.

there are NO McDonalds in Vietnam.

OVerall I would choose Vietnam over Cebu but it really depends on the lenght of your stay too.
    I'll be going to Saigon (Ho chi Minh) for around 4 nights if I go to vietnam. Good to hear no McDonalds in Vietnam.... but my friend is shedding a tear somewhere!

Hi Rahul,

I went to Siem Reap (where Angkor Wat is) and HCMC last december in one trip. You can get a package here and fly to Siem Reap via Vietnamese Airlines. Then you can arrange for a stop-over at HCMC before / after you go to Siem Reap.

Let me know if you want more details, happy traveling!

Also depends on when you wanna go there! Vietnam in this season is very rainy so you may not enjoy it that much!

Go to Boracay instead of Cebu, i hear its amazing their.

Quote Originally Posted by psjylife:
    Also depends on when you wanna go there! Vietnam in this season is very rainy so you may not enjoy it that much!
    I'll be going IN first week of October. I did wanna go to Vietnam ealier this year in June, but it was raining there.