Snorkeling in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Snorkeling in HK

Hello,

I'd like to go snorkeling in HK. Any suggestions?

I'd also like to go diving but have never done in before. Any suggestions?

Shannon.

Is it possible to see when you are under the water in HK?

the best place is Hoi ha at sai kung. goto sai kung town and catch a bus to Hoi Ha village. from the village there is a short trail to a couple of beaches and the water is very clean and visibilty is reasonably good.

the village restaurants have showers. nice couple of hours hike to the peninsula also.

Thumbs up

Hi,

we just came back from there... and can confirm that it's very beautiful! we had lots of fun and recommend it to other people. It also made us decide to take diving lessons. Any recommendations?

Shannon.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond:
    the best place is Hoi ha at sai kung. goto sai kung town and catch a bus to Hoi Ha village. from the village there is a short trail to a couple of beaches and the water is very clean and visibilty is reasonably good.

the village restaurants have showers. nice couple of hours hike to the peninsula also.

Well, I got my diving license in Boracay.

Speaking as a dive instructor, the snorkelling here is nowhere near as good as it is in other more tropical places, like Thailand or the Philippines. Anyone interested in diving, feel free to PM me.

Agreed that diving and snorkling here is not nearly as good as other places near by. However, Hong Kong is a good place to learn to dive. Actually I am a Dive Master and am assisting with a class this weekend w/ Pro-Dive. You might want to check them out or one of the other many places to get certified here.

I'd love to get certified!! How many hours and how much? I've been once before and absolutely loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by tx75070:
    Is it possible to see when you are under the water in HK?
    I doubt it

I live snorkelling in Hawaii, Oahu - Hanauma Bay , probably one of the nicest places I've ever been to.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast