Hoping to go to South Korea, need travel agent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hoping to go to South Korea, need travel agent.

A couple of friends and I are planning to go to South Korea between October 10th and the 16th and we are looking for a good travel agent.

Which travel agent would you recommend?

A friend told me about aerohkg.com - hong kong - special deals on flights - online travel and it looks like the site has some good deals. Is the agency reliable?

Also a little off topic but what are the must see places in South Korea?

Thank you very much.

There is a place in Mong Kok where there are 2 floors fill with travel agencies.

MTR E2 exit you turn right. Inside the building there call: Bank Centre

Quote Originally Posted by apple&dog
    There is a place in Mong Kok where there are 2 floors fill with travel agencies.

MTR E2 exit you turn right. Inside the building there call: Bank Centre
    Thanks, will go there on Friday to check them out.

Either from experience or from estimation how much do you think a trip from Hong Kong to Seoul for three/four people for four/five days would cost?

You can estimate the prices yourself. Check out Cathay Pacific and Korean Air online. Or even book online:
    Homepage - Cathay Pacific Holidays - Dragonair Holidays - Your holiday package travel agent

I can highly recommend the Ibis Ambassador Myeong-dong Hotel in Seoul. Is cheap, clean and in a very central spot.

Went to the Bank Centre in Mong Kok today and I managed to get a 6 day fight night package (hotel and air) for Seoul for $3228 (including tax, each person).

Hopefully that is a good deal. Will get confirmation of hotel by Tuesday at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by darabo
    Went to the Bank Centre in Mong Kok today and I managed to get a 6 day fight night package (hotel and air) for Seoul for $3228 (including tax, each person).

Hopefully that is a good deal. Will get confirmation of hotel by Tuesday at the latest.
    That is not bad at all.

Which hotel would you be staying at?

It is called the Rainbow Hotel, from what I have read it is in the city centre and it is next to Camp Kim (the USO in Seoul).

Quote Originally Posted by darabo
    It is called the Rainbow Hotel, from what I have read it is in the city centre and it is next to Camp Kim (the USO in Seoul).
    ah ok ok. would you mind pm'ing me phone number for TA.

I'm also looking into a Korea package.

I spent a while working on a project in Seoul a few years back and you would have to pay me to get me back there - no idea why anyone would want to go there on holiday but I guess anywhere is interesting if you have never been before!

Anyway, on a more helpful note (I hope) - the airport is a LONG LONG way from town - if your package does not include a transfer then find out which airport bus goes close before you leave, because a taxi in Seoul will cost an absolute fortune (not kidding, hundreds of USD for the trip into town).

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    I spent a while working on a project in Seoul a few years back and you would have to pay me to get me back there - no idea why anyone would want to go there on holiday but I guess anywhere is interesting if you have never been before!

Anyway, on a more helpful note (I hope) - the airport is a LONG LONG way from town - if your package does not include a transfer then find out which airport bus goes close before you leave, because a taxi in Seoul will cost an absolute fortune (not kidding, hundreds of USD for the trip into town).
    Can't you take the the Seoul Metropolitan Subway via the Inchon Airport station and then go into town?

Also pin check your inbox.
    Last edited by darabo; 28-09-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast